+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Championship standard this season

Championship standard this season

I often hear comments that the Championship is of a low standard each season. This time around I think the standard of football is higher than it’s been for a long time.
    Of the three teams that went down from the PL Sunderland and and Hull are really struggling. Boro are doing ok but are by no means certain of a play off place.

The three teams from the play offs are all struggling. Reading and Fulham both in the lower reaches and Sheffield Weds not much better. I’d say it’s very unusual for all of this to happen. We have seen huge investment at Wolves and shrewd management at Cardiff City and Sheffield United resulting in both sides pushing for promotion. I have been impressed by the general standard of opposition teams.

There will be plenty of ups and downs over the next few months. It’s so much more unpredictable than the PL

Re: Championship standard this season

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I often hear comments that the Championship is of a low standard each season. This time around I think the standard of football is higher than it’s been for a long time.
    Of the three teams that went down from the PL Sunderland and and Hull are really struggling. Boro are doing ok but are by no means certain of a play off place.

The three teams from the play offs are all struggling. Reading and Fulham both in the lower reaches and Sheffield Weds not much better. I’d say it’s very unusual for all of this to happen. We have seen huge investment at Wolves and shrewd management at Cardiff City and Sheffield United resulting in both sides pushing for promotion. I have been impressed by the general standard of opposition teams.

There will be plenty of ups and downs over the next few months. It’s so much more unpredictable than the PL
    Best league in the world