+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is the Premiership changing ?

Is the Premiership changing ?

Yesterday's results:

Results.jpg

We are now well into the season - so early-doors aberrations are behind us - but I didn't expect any of these results. It's almost as though the (relatively) established clubs can't cope with the new boys on the block...

Re: Is the Premiership changing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yesterday's results:

Results.jpg

We are now well into the season - so early-doors aberrations are behind us - but I didn't expect any of these results. It's almost as though the (relatively) established clubs can't cope with the new boys on the block...
    Crazy thing is, it looks like a second division set of results

It's great to see Huddersfield , Burnley and Bournemouth upsetting the apple cart but the fact is the premiership is a money grabbing filthy capitalist engine

I really hope Leicester winning the title wasn't a one off but it seems it was

It's back to the big boys of man city , united , spurs , the arse , Chelsea and it's fecking boring

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's great to see Huddersfield , Burnley and Bournemouth upsetting the apple cart but the fact is the premiership is a money grabbing filthy capitalist engine

I really hope Leicester winning the title wasn't a one off but it seems it was

It's back to the big boys of man city , united , spurs , the arse , Chelsea and it's fecking boring
    ^^^this^^^

It's a nice day, personally i'm planning to venture off down the beach with the dog

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Radio5 talking about Sean Dysche and how Burnley manage to get results. Not so much down to the man himself (although his talent cannot be praised highly enough) it seems Burnley have a massive sports science team behind them - that analyse how the other teams play, how to break them down etc etc - they didnt elaborate further than that - but it explains why they are doing so well.

Burnley is a horrible little place, the best part of which is the view from the rear view mirror. Yet credit where it's due - they have made it work, whereas it seems the tippy tappy jacks have fallen off a cliff at the moment.

Would love to see the Jacks and us in the prem but it's not looking likely at the moment, more likely in the championship together. if the stories from the Jacks are true - their owners are bust, so likely to take money out of the club in order to pay their American debts. As long as they finish 4th from bottom they'll be very happy.
    Burnley , Bournemouth , Huddersfield etc love it when they beat the big clubs

The thing that jumps out at me from those matches is four goals from four games. After a decade or more when the top clubs as a rule played progressive, attacking football, we seem to be heading back into an era of defensive football as marked by sides playing just one, or, sometimes, no strikers. That's not the main reason to fear an onset of more boring football though - it's that whereas sides who play with just one striker would have three or more players who would be trying to join in when the ball was played up to the lone forward in the past, now that number is dropping and the three centrebacks approach is increasingly becoming a five at the back system as wing backs are slowly being transformed into, essentially, defensive players (i.e. full backs) again.

I hope Man City or, maybe, Spurs win the Premier League this season - the last thing we need is for the Mourinho way to succeed.

No mention of little old Swansea. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Everyones second team

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Everyones second team
    Especially Phil “Pinochoio” Thompson on Sky who seems to cover every jacks home game on Gillette Soccer Saturday and is openly biased towards them

It’s like a mix of the big 6, the usual mid table ones, Stoke, West Brom and a few league 1 clubs....it’s a bit boring to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Especially Phil “Pinochoio” Thompson on Sky who seems to cover every jacks home game on Gillette Soccer Saturday and is openly biased towards them
    Next manager.

It will be a relief for Jenkins not having the biggest nose in Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    They come under 'big clubs' as above.

Apart from the big 6 all the other sides are so scared of relegation, negative football rears it’s head, they’re so afraid to lose ergo that’s what you get. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Apart from the big 6 all the other sides are so scared of relegation, negative football rears it’s head, they’re so afraid to lose ergo that’s what you get. Simples.
    But is this so?
    I watched Stoke v Leicester yesterday, and thought it was a cracking game.

There seems to be the super-rich, the poor who have invested in a manger or system and the poor whose owners are trying to raise capital by doing things on the cheap.

On the Sunday Supplement this morning, a journo suggested that some Premiership owners are buying into the Leicester fairy tale and have been liberated into expecting greater success. I think the league will become more competitive and entertaining.

The two games this afternoon were a wonderful advert for Premiership football.

It's always about the top 6/7 in the Premiership, the rest are just trying to avoid relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Crazy thing is, it looks like a second division set of results
    That is probably the point. Beyond the top 7-8 teams, the rest of the division has been up for grabs for seasons. When you consider how poorly Premier League teams often do when they get relegated and how well (relatively) Championship teams have done after promotion, the gap is closer than we think.

Refereeing today was abysmal in the prem !

They gotta look at themselves tonight and think "are they up to making tough & right decisions" (the officials that is)