+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is the Premiership changing ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is the Premiership changing ?

The thing that jumps out at me from those matches is four goals from four games. After a decade or more when the top clubs as a rule played progressive, attacking football, we seem to be heading back into an era of defensive football as marked by sides playing just one, or, sometimes, no strikers. That's not the main reason to fear an onset of more boring football though - it's that whereas sides who play with just one striker would have three or more players who would be trying to join in when the ball was played up to the lone forward in the past, now that number is dropping and the three centrebacks approach is increasingly becoming a five at the back system as wing backs are slowly being transformed into, essentially, defensive players (i.e. full backs) again.

I hope Man City or, maybe, Spurs win the Premier League this season - the last thing we need is for the Mourinho way to succeed.

Apart from the big 6 all the other sides are so scared of relegation, negative football rears it’s head, they’re so afraid to lose ergo that’s what you get. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Apart from the big 6 all the other sides are so scared of relegation, negative football rears it’s head, they’re so afraid to lose ergo that’s what you get. Simples.
    But is this so?
    I watched Stoke v Leicester yesterday, and thought it was a cracking game.