+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trillions in Tax avoided

Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    What I mean is, who are the evil puppet masters and how would a global taxation system make ordinary people's lives worse and theirs better?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ever wondered why they collect your tax at source?
    I do indeed , how many folk have reduced the payment of a building job by paying cash to avoid VAT , then multiply that by the many millions that did , then multiply that into the value not paid in tax ,bingo social care paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    if it was me i'd do the same so would most people
    I wouldn't nor would most of the people I know

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I wouldn't nor would most of the people I know
    Nor me, I would prefer to live in a society that strives towards an advanced stage of social development and organization, not one that is going backwards.

In regards to the super rich haven’t they got enough without recourse to these fecking schemes ???

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    In regards to the super rich haven’t they got enough without recourse to these fecking schemes ???
    TBH, I dont know what the 'answer' is regards all this, nor where it is all leading, but that's the bit that makes me laugh/cry -
    Some of these folks have hundreds upon hundreds of millions and they are desperate to pay no tax whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    TBH, I dont know what the 'answer' is regards all this, nor where it is all leading, but that's the bit that makes me laugh/cry -
    Some of these folks have hundreds upon hundreds of millions and they are desperate to pay no tax whatsoever.
    Unfortunately we endorse it. I know Lewis Hamilton is a frequent target in these kind of discussions but the fact that some sociopathic dogbrain tax-exile can be voted (by taxpayers presumably) SPOTY, whilst not important, just sums up how asleep we are as a nation.

Nor me, I would prefer to live in a society that strives towards an advanced stage of social development and organization, not one that is going backwards.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Greedy capitalist scum basically

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Unfortunately we endorse it. I know Lewis Hamilton is a frequent target in these kind of discussions but the fact that some sociopathic dogbrain tax-exile can be voted (by taxpayers presumably) SPOTY, whilst not important, just sums up how asleep we are as a nation.
    He's a fecking disgrace

Must say, I don't get the notion of ignore the message because of who the messenger is at all - even if the BBC is what it's detractors on here claim it to be, the fact is that they have considerable evidence showing that people who can easily afford to pay the relevant taxes are avoiding/evading doing so, sometimes on legally dubious grounds it seems and always on morally dubious ones.

I was listening to a phone in on this issue yesterday and, right at the start of the programme, a lady absolutely nailed it when she said that the really telling thing was the way defenders of the likes of that great sportsman Lewis Hamilton talk about "I" and "me" all the time and not "us" and "we" - nothing will ever dissuade me that we turned into a moire selfish society some time around forty years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The plebs caught on long since it's a grab what you can, everyone for themselves beano from the top of the top to those right at the bottom.

Evidence for this is the 12 million Britons entitled to claim Winter Fuel Allowance... just 400 decline the payment; that's 1 in every 6,400.

The Tories made a critical error at the last GE when they suggested means-testing that freebie.
    This isn't really the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Must say, I don't get the notion of ignore the message because of who the messenger is at all - even if the BBC is what it's detractors on here claim it to be, the fact is that they have considerable evidence showing that people who can easily afford to pay the relevant taxes are avoiding/evading doing so, sometimes on legally dubious grounds it seems and always on morally dubious ones.

I was listening to a phone in on this issue yesterday and, right at the start of the programme, a lady absolutely nailed it when she said that the really telling thing was the way defenders of the likes of that great sportsman Lewis Hamilton talk about "I" and "me" all the time and not "us" and "we" - nothing will ever dissuade me that we turned into a moire selfish society some time around forty years ago.
    What do you think of Fox News then? Do you admire the way they report on topics that other news organisations won't touch, or even attemp to cover up? I'm no fan of Fox, but I see a red light when they investigate a subject and others don't. Don't worry it also works in reverse, they have a lot of bias too. I think you have to be discerning and see what everybody is saying or not saying, and then draw your own conclusions.

Regarding the Paradise Papers, news organisations in many countries are covering this, so it is possible to read "different flavours" of the same story.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    It's human nature at a basic level. Would you pay £10 for a pint if the pub next door was selling beer at £5 a pint ?
    This is exactly how the wealthy keep the plebs out of their watering holes

What do you think of Fox News then? Do you admire the way they report on topics that other news organisations won't touch, or even attemp to cover up? I'm no fan of Fox, but I see a red light when they investigate a subject and others don't. Don't worry it also works in reverse, they have a lot of bias too. I think you have to be discerning and see what everybody is saying or not saying, and then draw your own conclusions.

Regarding the Paradise Papers, news organisations in many countries are covering this, so it is possible to read "different flavours" of the same story.
    I'm no fan of the Fox News agenda, but I'd like to think I'd treat what they report with an open mind and not just rubbish what they say because it's Fox who are behind the story.

It's also worth noting that these Paradise Papers that we are seeing go through a gatekeeping organisation before they get to us. That organisation is the ICIJ, which also receives significant funding from the OSF (Soros). The UK journalist representatives are the Guardian & BBC Panorama.

Personally I would like to see the entire dataset released, so that an opensource investigation could take place, thereby minimizing the possibilty that certain parts may remain undisclosed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The problem is that any cut to pensioners freebies is going to cost any party. Some freebies that the oaps get could be reduced dramatically but it would be political suicide.

Sadly, old people have more power in our democratic system than the young, who have to suffer those policies for years.
    Indeed and as a result of the OAP effect we got Brexit ,then came the youth backlash in the last election .

Seniors rule ok