+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 45

Thread: Trillions in Tax avoided

  1. #1

    Trillions in Tax avoided

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-41879690

    Avoidance isn't illegal.
    'Fiddling while Rome burns'...

  2. #2
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,877
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Panorama? think I will pass.

  3. #3

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    WB always first with the news! - http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...al-Compromised

    Let's see how Panorama try to spin it

  4. #4
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,877
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

    Let's see how Panorama try to spin it
    I think the only answer is a global tax system...

  5. #5

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I think the only answer is a global tax system...
    I'm guessing blame Trump and some ex-Tories no longer involved in politics

  6. #6

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    The plebs caught on long since it's a grab what you can, everyone for themselves beano from the top of the top to those right at the bottom.

    Evidence for this is the 12 million Britons entitled to claim Winter Fuel Allowance... just 400 decline the payment; that's 1 in every 6,400.

    The Tories made a critical error at the last GE when they suggested means-testing that freebie.

  7. #7

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The plebs caught on long since it's a grab what you can, everyone for themselves beano from the top of the top to those right at the bottom.

    Evidence for this is the 12 million Britons entitled to claim Winter Fuel Allowance... just 400 decline the payment; that's 1 in every 6,400.

    The Tories made a critical error at the last GE when they suggested means-testing that freebie.
    The problem is that any cut to pensioners freebies is going to cost any party. Some freebies that the oaps get could be reduced dramatically but it would be political suicide.

    Sadly, old people have more power in our democratic system than the young, who have to suffer those policies for years.

  8. #8

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The problem is that any cut to pensioners freebies is going to cost any party. Some freebies that the oaps get could be reduced dramatically but it would be political suicide.

    Sadly, old people have more power in our democratic system than the young, who have to suffer those policies for years.
    Sadly, young people have to get old.

  9. #9

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I think the only answer is a global tax system...
    Great idea.
    A global currency and a global central bank while we are at it.

  10. #10
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,877
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Great idea.
    A global currency and a global central bank while we are at it.
    Good luck with that.

  11. #11

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Good luck with that.
    It'll happen

  12. #12
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,877
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It'll happen
    I know it will, all these tax haven stories will make the brainwashed idiots think it's a good idea, enjoy being played, I'm past caring.

  13. #13

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I know it will, all these tax haven stories will make the brainwashed idiots think it's a good idea, enjoy being played, I'm past caring.
    It is a good idea. Have you ever considered that you might be getting played?

  14. #14
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,877
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It is a good idea. Have you ever considered that you might be getting played?
    Yeah, all the time, that fact that you don't is what worries me.

  15. #15

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I know it will, all these tax haven stories will make the brainwashed idiots think it's a good idea, enjoy being played, I'm past caring.
    What is the end game and why? Who wants a global tax system and why?

  16. #16
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,877
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What is the end game and why? Who wants a global tax system and why?
    The UN.
    https://www.oxfam.org.uk/get-involve...d-for-everyone

  17. #17

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Yeah, all the time, that fact that you don't is what worries me.
    What makes you think I don't?

  18. #18
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,877
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What makes you think I don't?
    Why would you if you think it's a good idea?

  19. #19

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Why would you if you think it's a good idea?
    It will complement the cashless society very nicely

  20. #20
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,877
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It will complement the cashless society very nicely
    Yeah, great innit.

  21. #21

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Yeah, great innit.
    Yeah, great if you are part of the club ..

  22. #22

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    if it was me i'd do the same so would most people

  23. #23

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    if it was me i'd do the same so would most people
    Ever wondered why they collect your tax at source?

  24. #24

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What is the end game and why? Who wants a global tax system and why?
    The endgame is the mark of the beast: an implanted chip that contains all personal info, security clearance level, access to one's digital savings and tracking device all in one.

  25. #25

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The endgame is the mark of the beast: an implanted chip that contains all personal info, security clearance level, access to one's digital savings and tracking device all in one.
    Seems a long way off to me.

    I guess wanting some kind of transparency makes me a brainwashed idiot.

  26. #26

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    What I mean is, who are the evil puppet masters and how would a global taxation system make ordinary people's lives worse and theirs better?

  27. #27

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ever wondered why they collect your tax at source?
    I do indeed , how many folk have reduced the payment of a building job by paying cash to avoid VAT , then multiply that by the many millions that did , then multiply that into the value not paid in tax ,bingo social care paid for.

  28. #28

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    if it was me i'd do the same so would most people
    I wouldn't nor would most of the people I know

  29. #29

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I wouldn't nor would most of the people I know
    Nor me, I would prefer to live in a society that strives towards an advanced stage of social development and organization, not one that is going backwards.

  30. #30

    Re: Trillions in Tax avoided

    In regards to the super rich haven’t they got enough without recourse to these fecking schemes ???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •