Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Must say, I don't get the notion of ignore the message because of who the messenger is at all - even if the BBC is what it's detractors on here claim it to be, the fact is that they have considerable evidence showing that people who can easily afford to pay the relevant taxes are avoiding/evading doing so, sometimes on legally dubious grounds it seems and always on morally dubious ones.

I was listening to a phone in on this issue yesterday and, right at the start of the programme, a lady absolutely nailed it when she said that the really telling thing was the way defenders of the likes of that great sportsman Lewis Hamilton talk about "I" and "me" all the time and not "us" and "we" - nothing will ever dissuade me that we turned into a moire selfish society some time around forty years ago.
What do you think of Fox News then? Do you admire the way they report on topics that other news organisations won't touch, or even attemp to cover up? I'm no fan of Fox, but I see a red light when they investigate a subject and others don't. Don't worry it also works in reverse, they have a lot of bias too. I think you have to be discerning and see what everybody is saying or not saying, and then draw your own conclusions.

Regarding the Paradise Papers, news organisations in many countries are covering this, so it is possible to read "different flavours" of the same story.