18 35.29%
  • Yearn for the days in the lower divisions, even non-league

5 9.80%

Thread: Promotion or stay in the Championship poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Promotion or stay in the Championship poll

Promotion for me.

I enjoy the Championship and hated most of that season in the Premier League, but being a football supporter is not about enjoyment.

We're supposed to suffer and go through hell with our team - and promotion would guarantee that! There would be all that lost sleep too - no more insulting snippet on Channel 5 at 9.30 but waiting for the insulting and truncated late match on MOTD at close to midnight.

That is until we break into Europe like our friends over the bridge are supposed to have done, or start playing sublime and beautiful (but winning of course) football like the galacticos of the (almost) Black Country.

Re: Promotion or stay in the Championship poll

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Promotion for me.

I enjoy the Championship and hated most of that season in the Premier League, but being a football supporter is not about enjoyment.

We're supposed to suffer and go through hell with our team - and promotion would guarantee that! There would be all that lost sleep too - no more insulting snippet on Channel 5 at 9.30 but waiting for the insulting and truncated late match on MOTD at close to midnight.

That is until we break into Europe like our friends over the bridge are supposed to have done, or start playing sublime and beautiful (but winning of course) football like the galacticos of the (almost) Black Country.
    Promotion for me too.
    Spedger