+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 307 mass shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 307 mass shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Good evening sir.

Q.1: Yes.

Q.2: Heaven is a place for believers/followers of Jesus. Jesus made an extraordinary, almost arrogant claim – no one comes to the Father except by me. Why would non-Christians want or even expect to go there? Surely to them it's a fictional place and Christians are deluding themselves.

God is forgiving but to obtain forgiveness surely first you have to acknowledge that there is something that needs to be forgiven and then ask for forgiveness! That tends to fly in the face of relativism which today's society is based upon - what feels right to me must be right etc. Hence my suggestion that the word “sinner” is a very non-PC expression today – if I called you a sinner I suspect you might be a little upset? The fact that someone professes to be a Christian is an acknowledgment that he/she is a sinner and therefore no different to anyone else in that sense, as we ALL fall short of being the person that Jesus wants us to be. The big difference is that the Christian knows that he/she falls short but has the humility to recognise this.
    I am not a Christian , have made many mistakes in my life , been arrested and admit I am not perfect

If there is a heaven I believe I will be let in because I have always done my best to help people

But I don't think there is a heaven or a god

Regards

Re: 307 mass shooting

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am not a Christian , have made many mistakes in my life , been arrested and admit I am not perfect

If there is a heaven I believe I will be let in because I have always done my best to help people

But I don't think there is a heaven or a god

Regards
    OK, so don't worry about it then. As Dawkins has said - "there probably is no God, so stop worrying and get on with your life". Remember the famous slogan on the side of the bus -

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ri...0jygJyyvms-EM: