+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC News and programme plugging - it's getting silly.

BBC News and programme plugging - it's getting silly.

Last night we get the first 12 minutes of the News dedicated to Panorama ( on tonight )
    on the Paradise Papers.

Recently all sorts of things from Everton on Panorama to the Blue Planet plugged and
    plugged again - on the News.The One Show is the plug show as is Breakfast.

Just go commercial and have done with it BBC FFS.

Re: BBC News and programme plugging - it's getting silly.

Not as bad as Sky.

You watch a prog, then in one of many ever-too-long breaks, they plug a number of shows - including the one you are trying to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Last night we get the first 12 minutes of the News dedicated to Panorama ( on tonight )
    on the Paradise Papers.

Recently all sorts of things from Everton on Panorama to the Blue Planet plugged and

The financial investigations are pretty big news but require more time in a longer programme in order for the finer details to be conveyed. Can't see the problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The financial investigations are pretty big news but require more time in a longer programme in order for the finer details to be conveyed. Can't see the problem with that.
    Mainly a plug for Panorama ( often the case on the Sunday evening news ). Programme ad , not the news. Clearly the BBC have known for a while but splash the story to plug their flagshit current affairs programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Nearly as big as the Saudi Arabia story, which nobody is reporting as it is going to bring down the house of cards

on the Paradise Papers.

Plugging their own programs, yeah its becoming a PITA, but 'commercial'? - they are not bombarding you with adverts for 3rd party paid advertising consumer products. Well , not directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Nearly as big as the Saudi Arabia story, which nobody is reporting as it is going to bring down the house of cards
    I'm sure all the nobodies will report it when they have no choice and it becomes as unavoidably big as you say it soon will be.

on the Paradise Papers.

Gotta laugh...
    Just watched the Panorama programme and the first 15 minutes of the 10 oclock news was what I'd just watched

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    I'm sure all the nobodies will report it when they have no choice and it becomes as unavoidably big as you say it soon will be.
    I reckon the repercussions will hit the US, Asia and the EU soon enough. I wonder who else was in bed with these Saudi princes? I would imagine there are a few high profile UK politicians (past & present) who will find it difficult to escape the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I reckon the repercussions will hit the US, Asia and the EU soon enough. I wonder who else was in bed with these Saudi princes? I would imagine there are a few high profile UK politicians (past & present) who will find it difficult to escape the spotlight.
    Well TBH, I saw that news outlets noted the story when it broke, seems like there is nothing concrete to report - yet?
    If evil and wrongdoing is to be exposed then it is surely something we can all look forward to in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Not as bad as Sky.

You watch a prog, then in one of many ever-too-long breaks, they plug a number of shows - including the one you are trying to watch!
    Same here, Foxtel continually plug the EPISODE you're already watching in the breaks. Also you get 12 mins or so until the 1st ads but it's down to about 7 mins between them after that. Nearly always watch recorded shows now so we can zip through the breaks

Got so pi$$ed off with the long ad breaks, that me and the Mrs now record every programme and fast forward the ads.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Got so pi$$ed off with the long ad breaks, that me and the Mrs now record every programme and fast forward the ads.
    Recording or catchup is a must for programmes like MOTD... all that tedious analysis with the "cutting edge" BBC graphics, back slapping of how good a striker you were Alan and Lineker quips thinking he's some kind of standup.... GET ON WITH IT!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Recording or catchup is a must for programmes like MOTD... all that tedious analysis with the "cutting edge" BBC graphics, back slapping of how good a striker you were Alan and Lineker quips thinking he's some kind of standup.... GET ON WITH IT!
    Different strokes !