+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carwyn Jones Statement

Carwyn Jones Statement

Personal tribute to Carl sergeant

Says he had no alternative to take the action he did

No questions

Re: Carwyn Jones Statement

All sorted them ,wrong political party to get worked up about I guess what happened to investigation

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Personal tribute to Carl sergeant

Says he had no alternative to take the action he did

No questions
    Cant see this being the end of the matter somehow, it's been on Wales and National news since the incident.

To be fair, he did say that he is subject to official proceedings at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    All sorted them ,wrong political party to get worked up about I guess what happened to investigation
    I think he should resign

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Cant see this being the end of the matter somehow, it's been on Wales and National news since the incident.
    He's going to have to resign

He's going to have to resign
    I think that’s more than a bit premature. Especially as the seriousness of the allegations have not yet been made public. Even in the current climate, I don’t believe he would have sacked a friend and colleague without good reason. On the face of it I can’t see that the First Minister has done anything different to what anyone else in his position would have done.

Yo be honest, as a staunch labourite i have never been that fussed on Carwyn. Typical rugby loving, welsh speaking craccach, a bit arrogant. Having said that, I think from what I understand he did follow procedures, bearing in kind this was a fast moving situation.
    The big mistake Carwyn made was to speak to the media about it on the Friday when he should have kept his mouth shut. His subsequent actions have also lacked empathy and yes he has been damaged by this affair, as was Blair over the David Kelly suicide.
    Carwyn was always going to retire as First Minister at the end of this Assembly 2020. This may bring it forward.

Carwyn Jones should have put the bloke on leave until a proper enquiry , involving the police if the allegations were that serious , was completed

He simply sacked him and I am afraid he was wrong to do that

That's my opinion anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I think that’s more than a bit premature. Especially as the seriousness of the allegations have not yet been made public. Even in the current climate, I don’t believe he would have sacked a friend and colleague without good reason. On the face of it I can’t see that the First Minister has done anything different to what anyone else in his position would have done.
    If the allegations were serious , the bloke should have been suspended until he was either arrested and charged by the police with offences or the allegations were proven to be false

If anything is learned from this sorry state of affairs is that the Media and Public/Social Media do not have a right to have soundbites, information and reaction in real-time. We have a part to play as we seem to have become ravenously 'entitled' to be immediately in the know, and swiftly opined .

That said, there can be no relaxing of due diligence and justice down to a 'fear that the accused might do something drastic'. That's a slippery slope too.

It is beginning to look like damning stuff, and increasingly seems that there may be a case to answer by the First Minister.
    Equally, one night not expect a ' sensitive and fragile' individual à to have regularly been up to what he seems to have been accused of (but which is still hearsay at this time).

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    ICWales just ran a headline which said "Carwyn Jones is hiding behind a legal process to avoid scrutiny of his actions - but this will not go away"

Leighton Andrews - Carwyn's Election Campaign Manager says "a 'toxic culture of minor bullying and power games' within Welsh Government"

Now if your right hand man says that, and a left leaning news organisation like ICWales says that - then Jones is in a bit of bother

From ICWales :-

Why did Mr Jones instead ask his senior special adviser Matt Greenough to carry out an impromptu inquiry into the allegations last week? Mr Greenough is a Labour Party member and political adviser who has no expertise in undertaking what amounted to a preliminary disciplinary investigation. He apparently spoke to the complainants and decided there was a prima facie case for Mr Sargeant to answer.

The matter was then passed to the Labour Party, which has a drawn-out procedure for investigating allegations of sexual harassment. Mr Sargeant’s solicitor, who unsuccessfully sought disclosure of the detailed case against his client , was told a date for a disciplinary hearing was pencilled in for the middle of January. The solicitor, Huw Bowden, warned the Labour Party that such a delay “was not only prejudicial to the preparation of his case but also to his physical and mental wellbeing”.

Why did Mr Jones not give more information to a longstanding colleague and friend during their meeting last Friday? It is of course important to ensure anonymity for complainants so far as the public domain is concerned, but those they accuse have a legal right to know the identity of their accusers. Serious concerns have been expressed about the lack of humanity shown towards Mr Sargeant, who was known to be very sensitive and sometimes fragile.
    It's time for Mr. Jones to
    1. Say Sorry
    2. Forget about his pension
    3. Resign.

What a mess . Thank God the rest of the Welsh Goverment is working well.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What a mess . Thank God the rest of the Welsh Goverment is working well.
    Have you seen the state of the NHS in England ???

Jones has to go now but these little digs are very tiresome

The Tories have and continue to reduce the funding to the regions and so cuts have to be made

And of course Mrs may is providing strong and stable government isn't she !

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    It's time for Mr. Jones to
    1. Say Sorry
    2. Forget about his pension
    3. Resign.
    Yep he's had it

Have you seen the state of the NHS in England ???

Jones has to go now but these little digs are very tiresome

The Tories have and continue to reduce the funding to the regions and so cuts have to be made

And of course Mrs may is providing strong and stable government isn't she !
    Sorry to say this as I woudl love a strong vibrant different welsh government colored in red ,just pains me top see us low in the educational leagues, our roads and transport deteriorating, the purchase of Cardiff Airport seems to be going nowhere ,please help me here what have they done to move us forward ?