+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boris Johnson

Re: Boris Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    A mistake on his part, but people latching on to it and blowing it out of proportion is where I take issue.

Iranian state TV have attempted to capitalise on this in an attempt to imprison her for longer: the country with despicable human rights abuses but yet everyone will just blame nasty bad evil Boris for this? Is no-one going to mention the role that Iran has to play in this case?
    Iran is certainly not a place I would travel and Boris certainly isn't someone I would employ to do any sort of important job.

Johnson is exactly like me in one respect in that he strikes me as having a habit of reading a few pages of an instruction manual, text book, explanation of the circumstances behind an event and thinking he knows all there is to know on the subject. It's a bad habit for someone like me to have, but, in truth, the only person I tend to damage when it happens is myself - it's a bit different when you're a Foreign Secretary with all too obvious designs on the top job.

I just doubt if I would ever consider going to Iran or speaking to Boris

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I just doubt if I would ever consider going to Iran or speaking to Boris
    You're probably not a British-Iranian citizen like she is, so you probably don't need to go to Iran to visit family.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You're probably not a British-Iranian citizen like she is, so you probably don't need to go to Iran to visit family.

I don't think British Irianlans are popular in Iran , and maybe looked on with some suspicion by the Iranian goverment ,who by and large are nice chaps,which has caught us out this time .

Has it been proved by all doubt that it was a holiday (not trying to be clever this is a real question)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I don't think British Irianlans are popular in Iran , and maybe looked on with some suspicion by the Iranian goverment ,who by and large are nice chaps,which has caught us out this time .

Has it been proved by all doubt that it was a holiday (not trying to be clever this is a real question)
    What are you basing the British-Iranian unpopularity on? This is also a genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What are you basing the British-Iranian unpopularity on? This is also a genuine question.
    Iran's authorties anti western stance .