+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How come this scumbaga life sentence is only 18 years

Re: How come this scumbaga life sentence is only 18 years

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    He was charged with murder, that is premeditated, if it was not premeditated he would have been charged with manslaughter
    Ah yes okay
    Could be he lied so much to try and wriggle out of it, saying he couldnt cope he may have got away with manslaughter on mental reasons. The ambulance call was a giveaway.

Obviously has a screw loose.
    Deserves all that's coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Homophobic or not, same sex couples should never be allowed to adopt or foster.
    You stupid idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ah yes okay
    Could be he lied so much to try and wriggle out of it, saying he couldnt cope he may have got away with manslaughter on mental reasons. The ambulance call was a giveaway.

Obviously has a screw loose.
    Deserves all that's coming to him.
    Good hope he hates every second of his time in side and rots like the scum he is.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Social workers case loads are massive, and it tends to be the case that the workers will watch you initially and if there are no problems will leave you to it until they become notified of an issue. They then focus on their case load where reported problems occur.
    Nick Ferrari on LBC suggested to one caller that social workers need to do more homework by knocking on neighbours' doors and building up a profile of the people they are watching. He failed to mention how many extra social workers would be needed to afford the time for this, or the expense...

International

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I am no expert here but it's probably because it was not premeditated or he didn't mean to kill her.

Judging by his texts to his husband, he did not try to hide the fact he was struggling to cope but he did try to hide the facts in court.

Can't recall what cases exactly but there have been many where there is premeditation and lesser sentences passed.

I don't feel anything more than vitriol for the bloke and 'scumbag' pretty much describes him but he will have to live with this for the rest of his days.

I also disagree with some posters in that the system must take some blame for the death of this poor child.
    Premeditation is a requisite for a conviction for murder, therefore there must have been a degree of it, or recklessness or lack of care as to whether the child died or not. He was convicted of murder so at least one of those factors must be present, otherwise the charge would have been manslaughter.

If anyone reads th acrticle his sentence was life with a MINIMUM sentence of 18 years. That means he has to do at least 18 years with good conduct to even be considered for parole and I'd guess his chances of ever getting parole are pretty slim.
    Still being homosexual I imagine he will find a few 'friends' inside.

Social services have an extremely difficult job. I know several people that work in the field and they are easily the most dedicated, conscientious people I know. They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. On one hand they get blamed for not intervening quickly enough, on the other they are accused of being over zealous, of interfering and breaking families up. They certainly do not take incidences like this lightly and of course there are investigations with such cases, but short of monitoring people 24 hours a day, you can never ever guarantee that something like this won’t happen again.
    As others have said, there’s only one person guilty of causing that child’s death, and he’s in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You stupid idiot
    People are allowed opinions Sludge without you being offensive.
    In an ideal world kids needing to be adopted or fostered, would find loving parents (male/female) and would be welcomed into a warm friendly safe household.
    Whilst same sex couples can also offer the above, you are, whether you like it or not, putting a child into unnatural surroundings..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Where were the social workers in all of this?
    Probably balancing the demands of dozens of other problematic cases at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Probably balancing the demands of dozens of other problematic cases at the same time.
    Sadly true. I won't go into details on here, but I came close to losing a family member recently because of the strains social services are under. Easy to blame them but the whole system is overstretched.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sadly true. I won't go into details on here, but I came close to losing a family member recently because of the strains social services are under. Easy to blame them but the whole system is overstretched.
    Meanwhile, scumbags who have more money than could be imagined, still look to escape their tax responsibility, all legal of course!!, utter greedy kents

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Meanwhile, scumbags who have more money than could be imagined, still look to escape their tax responsibility, all legal of course!!, utter greedy kents
    If you're taking the piss out of me here, I think it's in bad taste.

Anyone who has brought up a child knows that they can be very trying (the terrible twos comes to mind!). It requires a heck of a lot of love and patience, qualities that, in my opinion, are to be found more abundantly in women rather than men. Here was a situation where you have an adopted child effectively living with one adult male who is not the biological father (the male partner being away from home a lot it seems) and whose patience was probably stretched to the limit. Most kids including my own can be very trying as I’ve said but I don’t recall ever referring to them as “Satan in a baby-grow”. A truly tragic case.

If you're taking the piss out of me here, I think it's in bad taste.
    Not at all. and i'm unsure why you might have thought that.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    People are allowed opinions Sludge without you being offensive.
    In an ideal world kids needing to be adopted or fostered, would find loving parents (male/female) and would be welcomed into a warm friendly safe household.
    Whilst same sex couples can also offer the above, you are, whether you like it or not, putting a child into unnatural surroundings..
    Opinions like that belong in the dark ages , it's an ignorant and idiotic thing to say

Totally agree , formula one world champion , stinking rich and he's still trying to grab more

Makes me puke

Not at all. and i'm unsure why you might have thought that.
    Apologies. I know you've been quite fond of it over Brexit. Apologies again.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Premeditation is a requisite for a conviction for murder, therefore there must have been a degree of it, or recklessness or lack of care as to whether the child died or not. He was convicted of murder so at least one of those factors must be present, otherwise the charge would have been manslaughter.

If anyone reads th acrticle his sentence was life with a MINIMUM sentence of 18 years. That means he has to do at least 18 years with good conduct to even be considered for parole and I'd guess his chances of ever getting parole are pretty slim.
    Still being homosexual I imagine he will find a few 'friends' inside.
    Some of her injuries were consistent with being hit with force by a blunt instrument

It's likely that was a factor in him being convicted of murder but I am surprised he wasnt charged with manslaughter ........but we don't , as yet , know the details

Apologies. I know you've been quite fond of it over Brexit. Apologies again.
    The Brexit thing is a fair cop, guilty as charged incidently, it's just me being argumentative, I'm not that fussed about it either way.

The Brexit thing is a fair cop, guilty as charged incidently, it's just me being argumentative, I'm not that fussed about it either way.
    No probs!

Opinions like that belong in the dark ages , it's an ignorant and idiotic thing to say
    Whose opinion. His or mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Nail on the head
    Absolute bollocks

Whose opinion. His or mine?
    His , I don't completely agree with yours but at least you back your views up

His , I don't completely agree with yours but at least you back your views up
    👍 Life would be boring if we all agreed on everything.

👍 Life would be boring if we all agreed on everything.
    Indeed , regards