+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How come this scumbaga life sentence is only 18 years

How come this scumbaga life sentence is only 18 years

Re: How come this scumbaga life sentence is only 18 years

Poor child, absolutely sickening.
    He probably won’t get out of prison alive.

Where were the social workers in all of this?

They are being investigated as this was not the first time that this poor tot was admitted to hospital, I expect the social workers will not even get a reprimand!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It says that if one of the doctors had spotted the second fracture then there would have been an investigation and likely averted the tragedy.

However, I'd prefer to give 100% of the blame to the guy that actually did it rather than people here and there along the way.

Too true

truly sickening
    who vets the prospective parents ? you would hope the whole process would be vigorous
    18 years is a joke he should never be let out ever let the evil scumbag rot

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    truly sickening
    who vets the prospective parents ? you would hope the whole process would be vigorous
    18 years is a joke he should never be let out ever let the evil scumbag rot
    Yeah of course the system is vigorous. However looking at the evidence is that the adoptive parent, became aggressive when he struggled to cope with the child's behavioral and sleep issues. You sometime find that foster and adoptive children will come to you with problem from the child's previous situation, and then also having to settle into a new environment.

No amount of vetting will find out how you will cope with this pressure. If your back ground is squeaky clean going through the whole process, no social worker would be able to see the future.

Social workers case loads are massive, and it tends to be the case that the workers will watch you initially and if there are no problems will leave you to it until they become notified of an issue. They then focus on their case load where reported problems occur.

The X-ray seemed to be a missed opportunity, but there will always be cases like this.

Were they afraid of getting labelled homophobic if they reported him. ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I know a gay couple who have adopted and homophobia amongst the social workers is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    They are being investigated as this was not the first time that this poor tot was admitted to hospital, I expect the social workers will not even get a reprimand!
    They never ever admit responsibility, nothing ever changes, they never learn by mistakes made.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Nail on the head

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I know a gay couple who have adopted and homophobia amongst the social workers is not an issue.
    Homophobic or not, same sex couples should never be allowed to adopt or foster.

As Lardy says save your vitriol for hat utter **** who committed the act.

Sadly our social worker, Cops, Probation Officers , medical staff are all under resourced and managing high workloads.

It says that if one of the doctors had spotted the second fracture then there would have been an investigation and likely averted the tragedy.

However, I'd prefer to give 100% of the blame to the guy that actually did it rather than people here and there along the way.
    The warning signs were there. He lied to a health visitor that one injury was address by a GP. This wasn't checked, even though the HV was with the same GP. A doctor also missed a 2nd fracture, which would have invoked a different response.

The warning signs were there. He lied to a health visitor that one injury was address by a GP. This wasn't checked, even though the HV was without the same GP. A doctor also missed a 2nd fracture which would have invoked a different protocol.
    Easy job with hindsight isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Yeah of course the system is vigorous. However looking at the evidence is that the adoptive parent, became aggressive when he struggled to cope with the child's behavioral and sleep issues. You sometime find that foster and adoptive children will come to you with problem from the child's previous situation, and then also having to settle into a new environment.

No amount of vetting will find out how you will cope with this pressure. If your back ground is squeaky clean going through the whole process, no social worker would be able to see the future.

Social workers case loads are massive, and it tends to be the case that the workers will watch you initially and if there are no problems will leave you to it until they become notified of an issue. They then focus on their case load where reported problems occur.

The X-ray seemed to be a missed opportunity, but there will always be cases like this.
    As a few posters posted mate, it was not the first time the poor mite was admitted to hospital and with being so so young
    I take it by your post qccfc you fostered or adopted children
    (I gotta say that's very admirable mate and not many could do that )
    maybe the training of the social workers is wrong ? I don't know
    maybe the whole process is wrong ?

Easy job with hindsight isn't it?
    I thought veryfying statements was standard procedure? The HV was working at the same GP surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Why?

Yes that is homophobic

I am no expert here but it's probably because it was not premeditated or he didn't mean to kill her.

Judging by his texts to his husband, he did not try to hide the fact he was struggling to cope but he did try to hide the facts in court.

Can't recall what cases exactly but there have been many where there is premeditation and lesser sentences passed.

I don't feel anything more than vitriol for the bloke and 'scumbag' pretty much describes him but he will have to live with this for the rest of his days.

I also disagree with some posters in that the system must take some blame for the death of this poor child.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Why?
    Was going to ask the same question.

Would you rather a child go with a loving same sex couple or a modern equivalent of Fred and Rose West just because they are male and female?

Surely you are not serious?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    As Lardy says save your vitriol for hat utter **** who committed the act.

Sadly our social worker, Cops, Probation Officers , medical staff are all under resourced and managing high workloads.
    Spot on.

The blame lies solely with the guy who killed her.

Hopefully his every waking moment from now on will be a living hell - that will be the least he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I am no expert here but it's probably because it was not premeditated or he didn't mean to kill her.

Judging by his texts to his husband, he did not try to hide the fact he was struggling to cope but he did try to hide the facts in court.

Can't recall what cases exactly but there have been many where there is premeditation and lesser sentences passed.

I don't feel anything more than vitriol for the bloke and 'scumbag' pretty much describes him but he will have to live with this for the rest of his days.

I also disagree with some posters in that the system must take some blame for the death of this poor child.
    He was charged with murder, that is premeditated, if it was not premeditated he would have been charged with manslaughter