+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Moyes the new Big Sam?

Is Moyes the new Big Sam?

A whole 6 month deal!

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...six-month-deal

Although beggars can't be choosers and he'll be on a wedge to keep them up. If he succeeds then he will be on the "saviour merrygoround"

Re: Is Moyes the new Big Sam?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    A whole 6 month deal!

Although beggars can't be choosers and he'll be on a wedge to keep them up. If he succeeds then he will be on the "saviour merrygoround"
    And if he doesn't it will be four successive failures. Could be a costly gamble for him in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And if he doesn't it will be four successive failures. Could be a costly gamble for him in the long term.
    Yes indeed. Also is he a big enough figure with all those prima donnas in the West Ham squad? They don't exactly work their socks off there apparently.
    Surprised the Dildo Daves have gone for him personally.

West Ham are doomed.

Accepting a 6 month contract, hasn't he any pride?

Millionaire David Moyes takes a gamble? Yeah right! Harder to get off the managerial merry-go-round and hoover up the money, poor sods.

Moyes' managerial record

Club Games Wins Losses Win %
    Preston 234 113 63 48.3% ( did well )
    Everton 518 218 161 42.1% ( made them a respectable side )
    Man Utd 51 27 15 52.9% ( had no chance ,better than LVG ,if only Wellbeck had scored the sitter against
    Bayern ??)
    Real Sociedad 42 12 15 28.6% ( crazy move for a very British manager )
    Sunderland 43 8 28 18.6% ( no one woudl have saved Sunderland look at them now )

I would be happy with him at the City going up to Premiership, knows his stuff

What s the latest odds on West ham going down?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What s the latest odds on West ham going down?
    https://www.oddschecker.com/football...gue/relegation

Best price 5/2.

I reckon Swansea and Palace will be tailed off leaving 1 place. I reckon Huddersfield or WBA.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Moyes' managerial record

Club Games Wins Losses Win %
    Preston 234 113 63 48.3% ( did well )
    Everton 518 218 161 42.1% ( made them a respectable side )
    Man Utd 51 27 15 52.9% ( had no chance ,better than LVG ,if only Wellbeck had scored the sitter against
    Bayern ??)
    Real Sociedad 42 12 15 28.6% ( crazy move for a very British manager )
    Sunderland 43 8 28 18.6% ( no one woudl have saved Sunderland look at them now )

I would be happy with him at the City going up to Premiership, knows his stuff
    I just don't get this win percentage malarkey. One singular win and 99 losses seems to trump 100 draws.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I just don't get this win percentage malarkey. One singular win and 99 losses seems to trump 100 draws.
    Yep, they also don't account for managers who do a good job purely by winning 25% of games.

A win ratio at Swansea of 33% would be fantastic, but a win ratio of 33% at Chelsea would be catastrophic.

Points per game ratios are probably better, but even then Mourinho will always have a better ppg ratio that Sam Allardyce or David Moyes.

If you were out of work would you take a short term type deal at an agency?
    It's better than being sat at home and having to explain that when you eventually get an interview for a permanent position I suppose.
    To answer, probably is yeah.

(I know you weren't knocking him with the post my first point is not having a pop back at you in case it comes across that way)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If you were out of work would you take a short term type deal at an agency?
    It's better than being sat at home and having to explain that when you eventually get an interview for a permanent position I suppose.
    To answer, probably is yeah.

(I know you weren't knocking him with the post my first point is not having a pop back at you in case it comes across that way)
    Actually, yes I would.
    I also think that even if he does fail, then better to have tried than not, wondering 'what if?'
    Credit to Moyes in that department, I mean, he did take the Sunderland job on too!

He's in the premiership and on paper there are worse sides in and around West Ham.
    It does look weird in black and white text though "6 month deal".

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    A whole 6 month deal!

Arguably a good deal all round. Moyes probably isn't on that high a wage either. His reputation isn't exactly high at present and he will be looking to rebuild his managerial career after a number of failures. West Ham hope that's the case, and in the process they won't have to pay compensation to another club for poaching their manager. If Moyes turns things around, everyone is a winner.

If he doesn't, they won't have an expensive contract to pay up. As long as they finish above the Jacks, that's all that matters!

Can’t believe the 6 month deal is getting slaughtered. Surely this should be the way forward for clubs. Why give a manager 2&3 yr deals when they might turn out to be duds? If owners see an improvement in 6months, they can then offer a longer deal.