+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What is the new and improved Ashton Gate like?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What is the new and improved Ashton Gate like?

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    a totally different ground to when I last visited ashton gate in the 90s (it was a dump then) and we was frog matched in and out of the ground like cattle and us away fans were housed in the corner that evening
    Saturday we was given a whole end behind the goal i think enough room for around 2500-2800 half decent capacity
    not a bad ground to look at from the stands the 4 stands are different heights
    facilities though under the stand were shockingly poo well the away end anyway
    acoustics very poor (couldn't quite hear much sound coming from the other 3 stands)
    also the PA system was terrible
    getting in and getting out of the ground was not a problem
    the staff were friendly
    Capacity of away end is 3500, there were 3100 city fans there Saturday which for a 12 noon kick off is excellent support, let's hope , despite losing , we get a decent turnout against Brentford a week Saturday

Re: What is the new and improved Ashton Gate like?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Capacity of away end is 3500, there were 3100 city fans there Saturday which for a 12 noon kick off is excellent support, let's hope , despite losing , we get a decent turnout against Brentford a week Saturday
    wow was there really 3100 in the stand ?
    I din think there was that many there tbh Sludge
    we did have excellent Support though fair play
    as you say lets hope we decent turnout against Brentford