+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wacky weddings you have been to.

Wacky weddings you have been to.

My daughter is getting married later in the week and as The Father of the Bride weddings
    are very much on my mind at the moment.

The maddest wedding I have been to was in 1974 when a female cousin ( who was pregnant )
    had a shotgun wedding at a club ( working mens style ) in Tredegar.

Ceremony went of OK but reception at the club was mad.

As soon as people arrived from the chapel they tucked in to the free booze with gusto.

After an hour of serious knecking it back it was time for the speeches.

The Bride's dad said " I'm only here for the beer ! " and sat down.

The best man made a few jibes about the Brides family being common and

WHOOSH !

The place erupted into a good old cowboy style bar room brawl. Tables and chairs
    thrown between the warring families , glasses and bottles broken over peoples heads.

The buffet also featured in the general throwing.

The bar steward said " I'm calling the police ! " and was rewarded by getting a slap from the Bride's
    mother who screamed " You can't spoil my daughter's big day you c*** ! "

I'm hoping for better on Thursday folks.

Re: Wacky weddings you have been to.

Went to a mixed marriage do in Blyth years ago. Bride's family Sunderland, groom's family (my side through marriage) Newcastle. The afternoon do was in the local pub, The Spartans right near the football ground, and in the lull between arriving from the church & the meal/speeches all the men retired to the bar to watch Southampton v Newcastle which somehow was live on the telly on the Saturday afternoon (regular thing in some parts of the country apparently, a 3pm Saturday game shown illegally). Anyway Saints win 1-0 and we retire to the lounge. The bride's father ended his speech after thanking everyone with 'And the biggest thank you of the day goes to Matthew Le Tissier for getting the winner against the black and white shite.
    It didn't turn out as ugly as the OP's wedding but it was touch & go. I was like a fly on the wall observing all night then being a neutral, the place was like a tinder box. People nigh on snarling at each other. Alls well that ends well though, the groom eventually came out, left his wife and now lives happily with his new husband. Would love to meet the bride's father again and get his views on Geordies now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    My daughter is getting married later in the week and as The Father of the Bride weddings

The maddest wedding I have been to was in 1974 when a female cousin ( who was pregnant )

As soon as people arrived from the chapel they tucked in to the free booze with gusto.

WHOOSH !

The place erupted into a good old cowboy style bar room brawl. Tables and chairs
    thrown between the warring families , glasses and bottles broken over peoples heads.

The bar steward said " I'm calling the police ! " and was rewarded by getting a slap from the Bride's

Crikey, where do I start?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Crikey, where do I start?
    C'mon Steve, let's 'ave 'em, you must have some corkers. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    C'mon Steve, let's 'ave 'em, you must have some corkers. ��
    I wonder who would be the DJ at Steve R's and Mrs Steve R's wedding

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    C'mon Steve, let's 'ave 'em, you must have some corkers. ��
    The one that ended before 10pm because the Best Man had been 'servicing' the Bride for the previous 2 years? Or the Goth Wedding with 5 Female Strippers?

You can always tell the Weddings that are going to kick off by the atmosphere in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy View Post
    Calvin Harris.

The one that ended before 10pm because the Best Man had been 'servicing' the Bride for the previous 2 years? Or the Goth Wedding with 5 Female Strippers?

You can always tell the Weddings that are going to kick off by the atmosphere in the room.
    Tell us more about the first one

Calvin Harris.

Tell us more about the first one
    Not much to tell really. Penarth Conservative Club, big fight broke out on the stairs. Old Bill turned up at 9:30 and closed the party down.

I went to a mate's wedding in Blackpool, where he was working.
    These were the days when the hen and stag parties were the on the night before the wedding - and the idea was for the hens and stags to do a circuit of particular pubs and clubs in a certain order, with the hens departing each venue an hour before the stage were to arrive. This was meant to keep the two parties from coming across each other in town.
    However, it didn't work to plan and the stags caught up the hens in one particular pub - which caused an argument whereby the groom's sister poured a beer over the head of her boyfriend.
    In the morning, we couldn't get the groom's brother out of the B&B bathroom after he fell asleep in the bath after a heavy night and a few joints at the crack of dawn.
    The ceremony went OK but the priest got pissed at the reception and was sent home in a taxi - only to return, still inebriated, to the evening event.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I went to a mate's wedding in Blackpool, where he was working.
    These were the days when the hen and stag parties were the on the night before the wedding - and the idea was for the hens and stags to do a circuit of particular pubs and clubs in a certain order, with the hens departing each venue an hour before the stage were to arrive. This was meant to keep the two parties from coming across each other in town.
    However, it didn't work to plan and the stags caught up the hens in one particular pub - which caused an argument whereby the groom's sister poured a beer over the head of her boyfriend.
    In the morning, we couldn't get the groom's brother out of the B&B bathroom after he fell asleep in the bath after a heavy night and a few joints at the crack of dawn.
    The ceremony went OK but the priest got pissed at the reception and was sent home in a taxi - only to return, still inebriated, to the evening event.
    What happened to Dawn?

What happened to Dawn?

Back in the Early Nineties on the weekends in the summer we used to drive down to Oxwich bay get pissed have a bar b q then kip in the car or on the beach then come home the next day.
    This one night I bumped into a couple of lads i knew from back in my school days , they were regulars down there they had a Jetski a boat all the works and were friends with the Landlord of the Oxwich bay hotel, anyway when last orders came we noticed there was a wedding going on in the function room. The brothers spoke to the landlord and we were allowed to go in baring in mind we were dressed in cut down jeans trainers and tee-shirts. On entering the DO my mate got on the dance floor and starting dancing with brides maids , then another mate went up and helped himself to some wedding cake. Then one of the brothers who was very pissed came back from the bar with 2 pints and dropped them both on the floor , then this shall we say big boned Jack lady in white stiletto heels slipped on the spilt beer went arse over tit and landed on her back , by this time All eyes were on the 6 of us.
    I just remember fighting to get out of there the whole wedding party turned on us fecking Jack Bastards.

Blog Entries

I don't think that will be a problem.

Enjoy your daughter's wedding!

Asian weddings are massive parties for several days! No booze (sadly )

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post

Any sex , drugs or rock and roll to compensate ?

and thanks btw.

Any sex , drugs or rock and roll to compensate ?

and thanks btw.
    I am lowkey hoping that there will be a wedding in Amsterdam I may be laughing and smothered in cologne

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Back in the Early Nineties on the weekends in the summer we used to drive down to Oxwich bay get pissed have a bar b q then kip in the car or on the beach then come home the next day.
    This one night I bumped into a couple of lads i knew from back in my school days , they were regulars down there they had a Jetski a boat all the works and were friends with the Landlord of the Oxwich bay hotel, anyway when last orders came we noticed there was a wedding going on in the function room. The brothers spoke to the landlord and we were allowed to go in baring in mind we were dressed in cut down jeans trainers and tee-shirts. On entering the DO my mate got on the dance floor and starting dancing with brides maids , then another mate went up and helped himself to some wedding cake. Then one of the brothers who was very pissed came back from the bar with 2 pints and dropped them both on the floor , then this shall we say big boned Jack lady in white stiletto heels slipped on the spilt beer went arse over tit and landed on her back , by this time All eyes were on the 6 of us.
    I just remember fighting to get out of there the whole wedding party turned on us fecking Jack Bastards.
    Me and a few mates used to do similar in the early 90's, both oxwich and llantwit major beach, we may have known each other, it was a fairly good bunch who used to do it

I am lowkey hoping that there will be a wedding in Amsterdam I may be laughing and smothered in cologne
    Bit of a weird way to die.

Why Western Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Bit of a weird way to die.

Why Western Germany?
    I may be a lil bit too ****ed up that I end up in Western Germany

I remember going to a Sikh wedding in Leicester many years back (the bride was a friend) and there was definitely alcohol there.

It was massive, though. There must have been hundreds of guests.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I remember going to a Sikh wedding in Leicester many years back (the bride was a friend) and there was definitely alcohol there.

I have been to one aswell, we had alcohol aswell, a right party, infact one of the biggest booze fest weddings i have been to

WHOOSH !

I went to a colleagues wedding in the mid 90s and the groom was caught with the maid of honour in a "after the watershed moment"
    caught by the wife, the ex wife now and the mother in law
    it erupted there too, it also was in a working mans club fairwater cons club
    and photos of ex tory prime ministers were ripped off the wall and used as weapons chairs thrown tables turned ash trays thrown
    and that was just the women

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Thinking about it, they have had alcohol at the Hindu weddings I have been to. Probably didn't realise at the time as I was with my parents.

Well they don't have alcohol at Muslim weddings