+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oops - Labour Councils caught out using offshore firms - definition of a hypocrit

Re: Oops - Labour Councils caught out using offshore firms - definition of a hypocrit

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    This kind of begs the question whether you made the OP in response to what you heard Corbyn say or how it was reported in the media.

Says more about the state of the media in this country than any hypocrisy on Corbyn's part imo
    I made the original post as at the start of week we had Corbyn playing holier than thou on his moral soap box, asking people (like the Queen) to apologise etc etc etc

Then low and behold - it turns out that he was not clean himself, and his own Labour run councils were avoiding stamp duty.

I only posted those other references so people like you could actually see it was a main stream story re the Queen.

But heyho - thanks for your input old boy, but I couldnt really careless about your opinion

Re: Oops - Labour Councils caught out using offshore firms - definition of a hypocrit

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I made the original post as at the start of week we had Corbyn playing holier than thou on his moral soap box, asking people (like the Queen) to apologise etc etc etc

Then low and behold - it turns out that he was not clean himself, and his own Labour run councils were avoiding stamp duty.

I only posted those other references so people like you could actually see it was a main stream story re the Queen.

But heyho - thanks for your input old boy, but I couldnt really careless about your opinion
    You seem to be confusing 'personal gain' with 'trying to save public money' ?!
    You could save yourself some frothing at the mouth.

Corbyn said the right thing about individuals and their wealth. He said the right thing. You interpret him as a hypocrite. Well OK...
    He may likely not have even known that some Labour-led Authorities were using 'Tax loopholes' to get public work done for less public money. (ooh err .. How terrible..).

I wonder when the whiff of corruption emanating in Saudi Arabia and the USA will cross the Atlantic? I can't see our lot and the EU being immune to all of this, as the money trail will inevitably get thrown to the wind ..

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    You seem to be confusing 'personal gain' with 'trying to save public money' ?!
    You could save yourself some frothing at the mouth.

Corbyn said the right thing about individuals and their wealth. He said the right thing. You interpret him as a hypocrite. Well OK...
    He may likely not have even known that some Labour-led Authorities were using 'Tax loopholes' to get public work done for less public money. (ooh err .. How terrible..).
    You are entering the 2@ zone, somewhere you'll be familiar with princess

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    You are entering the 2@ zone, somewhere you'll be familiar with princess
    No need to describe yourself in such terms surely, but yes it does seem a bit familiar.
    You could still do with some ointment for that thin skin BTW .