+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Went to a Guitar Masterclass at PMT last night

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Went to a Guitar Masterclass at PMT last night

He's a great technical guitarist, but he's no Mick Jones is he

PS still waiting for a cheap MS-3 to show up, in the meantime the FX8 is the dogs doo-dahs

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I went there with some preconceived ideas about him based on his YouTube vids, but came away won over by his personality ('cept he was yet another guitarist who affects headgear; in his case, a cap. But with my flowing locks, it's not an issue, of course). There was one mildly funny exchange when someone asked him who had been his influences. After some names were thrown around like George Benson, the person mentioned another American guitarist. Alex said that he had bought a box set of DVDs by the guy ('coa he was a supporting-other-artists sorta bloke) but had only watched about half of them. The audience guy then said, 'But he says you were his student'. 'Does he indeed' was the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

PS still waiting for a cheap MS-3 to show up, in the meantime the FX8 is the dogs doo-dahs
    With all the great guitarists you pick him? He's shit and the edge is even worse

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    With all the great guitarists you pick him? He's shit and the edge is even worse
    My view of music is that the song comes first, so you play with that in mind. For me it's all about the interaction between the various instruments, and not necessarily the complexity of each part. Incidentally, I was on the side of those who were very happy to see the end of the 20-minute guitar solo!

PS I also rate Bernard Sumner