+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pretty cutting piece on Malky from the Guardian

Pretty cutting piece on Malky from the Guardian

Re: Pretty cutting piece on Malky from the Guardian

Fair play, that article is a load of nonsense from a journalist obviously full of hatred.

And which bits would be a "load of nonsense" then?

Well if your a fist pump lover this will get your goat.

It's a weirdly written piece but seems pretty factual.

I'm no fan of Malkay he appears to be a very arrogant individual, his behaviours do suggest he has little humility or respect .

The article is a strange one, it tries to tackle a lot of different points regarding Mackay and ends up tackling none of them

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Fair play, that article is a load of nonsense from a journalist obviously full of hatred.
    Seems pretty much spot on to me. The only thing not mentioned was the massive bungs he took on the Cornelius deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What bits are nonsense or full of hatred?

Oh Malky, where did it all go wrong?

Never really understood the almost god like status the scouser seemed to attract from the majority of City fans, enjoyed his questions and answers stuff, came across really well, but obviously underneath it all, he wasn't a very nice chap. IMO shouldn't be anywhere near a management job. In the current climate, and if a politician would have had to resign.

I'm no lover of Malky or his brand of football but this does read like a hatchet job.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I'm no lover of Malky or his brand of football but this does read like a hatchet job.
    So which bits are wrong in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Never really understood the almost god like status the scouser seemed to attract from the majority of City fans, enjoyed his questions and answers stuff, came across really well, but obviously underneath it all, he wasn't a very nice chap. IMO shouldn't be anywhere near a management job. In the current climate, and if a politician would have had to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Mare, it's been a long day honest!!!!

Jones out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Jones out!!
    All Scottish Scousers out

absolute dogshit article

Another young thread ruined by jones

What mackay said was clearly not the best for a supposed "professional" manager.

but the amount of grown men crowing over the words he used like "gay snake" was hilarious.

Good to see by that guardian comment section people have calmed down with their fake outrage.

I don't think anything should be read into private conversations. Zero. The people involved are not broadcasting their hate, that is the entire point. It hurts no one.

Apparently, I was "defending the indefensible" last week when I said that many of those rushing to condemn Mackay's racism, sexism, homophobia, etc, etc. had said stuff just as bad, or worse, during their lives - seems that there is an element of "guilty until found innocent" when it comes to our former manager and bungs as well. Actually, didn't the FA investigate the bungs claims against Mackay and no charges were laid against him?

I realise that makes me sound like a Mackay apologist, but I don't think I am, more someone who thinks that there is a lot of hypocrisy and presumption around among some City fans when it comes to our former manager - I think Mackay may well have taken a bung, but, more than four years since the accusations first started appearing on here, he's still not been found guilty of any financial wrong doing.

The article is spot-on. He is arrogant, his coaching ability is not as good as he thinks it is, and his Premier League signings were crap.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    What mackay said was clearly not the best for a supposed "professional" manager.

but the amount of grown men crowing over the words he used like "gay snake" was hilarious.

Good to see by that guardian comment section people have calmed down with their fake outrage.

I don't think anything should be read into private conversations. Zero. The people involved are not broadcasting their hate, that is the entire point. It hurts no one.
    He said a lot worse than that and it isn't about hurting anyone it's having someone who talks like that in charge of a professional organisation, what makes it worse is it wasn't just in a joke he was using it about actual people that he worked with.

Bob I don't think I've said just as bad or worse especially not in a professional setting.

And let's be honest he was very arrogant, not that good a manager and played the fans like a fiddle trying to get them onside before it all came out.

Best city manager in my life time and would've kept us up. Weren't in the relegation zone once under him and had a load of good home games second half of the season which we'd have done a lot better in than we did under the clown from Norway

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Best city manager in my life time and would've kept us up. Weren't in the relegation zone once under him and had a load of good home games second half of the season which we'd have done a lot better in than we did under the clown from Norway
    We started leaking goals. Bit of a problem that given Mackays tactics were to absorb pressure, hope Marshall came up with 5 great saves a game and that we can nick a goal on the counter attack despite lacking any pace whatsoever.