+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Financial Adviser Recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Financial Adviser Recommendations

Can any of you recommend an IFA in Cardiff? I am looking for someone who can advise me on pensions having accumulated a few pension funds after changing jobs over the years.

Re: Financial Adviser Recommendations

Me. I am an IFA, but based in Pontypridd. So PM me if you wish.

Bartholomew Financial 02920 540286. I used them in May to transfer a pension.
    Spedger

I was going to post a request info about pensions last week but never got around to it so hope you don't mind tagging it on here.

I've got an old final salary pension from a previous employer and been offered a what I thought was a decent transfer value, how much should it cost to transfer it out to my private pension.

Can't say I feel like I've had good advice or service from my usual contact and he's made a bit of a pig's ear of it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Bartholomew Financial 02920 540286. I used them in May to transfer a pension.
    Spedger
    Thank you. I'll give them a call

Why not try the government Pensions Service? It's free and impartial and will save you an adviser's fee.

https://www.pensionwise.gov.uk/en

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Why not try the government Pensions Service? It's free and impartial and will save you an adviser's fee.

I tried thanks that but they can't help as I defined benefit pension apparently - which is a final salary scheme I think and they don't cover that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post

As far as I can see that is for advice about how you can take your pension. I am still working and paying in to a pension scheme but have pots of money in schemes from previous employers and want advice about combining them in to one, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    As far as I can see that is for advice about how you can take your pension. I am still working and paying in to a pension scheme but have pots of money in schemes from previous employers and want advice about combining them in to one, or not.
    Give me a ring if you wish? I sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Give me a ring if you wish? I sent you a PM.
    Sorry missed your earlier post in the thread and hadn't noticed the pm.