+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The rise of the far right in Britain , ITV , tonight , 10:40 pm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The rise of the far right in Britain , ITV , tonight , 10:40 pm

People, other than the top few percent, are getting poorer - and angrier. I recently rang my doctor's surgery to make an appointment, the first available slot was 33 days later. I kid you not.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    People, other than the top few percent, are getting poorer - and angrier. I recently rang my doctor's surgery to make an appointment, the first available slot was 33 days later. I kid you not.
    Same in my surgery. My wife spoke to a receptionist outside working hours - she said the major problem was a certain group of people - non uk citizens mostly,will not , in any circumstances wait for an appointment, but kick up a huge fuss until they're given one there and then on the spot. The surgery prefer to give in to them rather than put them in 'the system' like the rest of us..

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    This appears to be the norm however, at the surgery I sometimes frequent, they use a system of, if you wait outside in the morning, you are guaranteed an appointment that morning but just have to wait until your turn, it seems to work O.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    This appears to be the norm however, at the surgery I sometimes frequent, they use a system of, if you wait outside in the morning, you are guaranteed an appointment that morning but just have to wait until your turn, it seems to work O.K.
    All fab unless you're not well enough to stand outside and wait for half an hour or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    All fab unless you're not well enough to stand outside and wait for half an hour or more.
    Yes very true, I'm not sure sure what system if any, they have for this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Yes very true, I'm not sure sure what system if any, they have for this scenario.
    I think if you're poorly enough you'll get help, eventually. I guess that generally means more hospital involvement than doctors, mind.

My local surgery don't do advance appointments at all unless booked after a consultation. So, say you need to discuss test results or have a non-urgent problem, you need to phone up in the morning to book an appointment from 9am. There's no guarantee of a non-urgent appointment, so you might have to try over a few days to get seen. Absolute rubbish if you're working, especially if you travel a distance to work.