+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook was designed to exploit human "vulnerability" - says former president

Re: Facebook was designed to exploit human "vulnerability" - says former president

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It's easy if you don't like what someone posts...just click "don't show in news feed

One thing worse than Facebook is people moaning about Facebook. You have a choice...
    I did, and I realised how much of an utter waste of time the whole thing is. I've lived very happily without it for a year or so. If you still use it, great. But I'll happily moan about it for now.

Re: Facebook was designed to exploit human "vulnerability" - says former president

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Unfortunately addiction is not such a simple topic.
    It’s not a drug.
    Simply deactivate account.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    It’s not a drug.
    Simply deactivate account.
    So all addiction disorders are drug related?

Sean Parker is a bit of a character with a bit of a past. I'm not sure you can trust what he says or that he doesn't have some ulterior motive.

I don’t see how people are addicted to something like Facebook. You’ve an obvious distate of Facebook which you eve wry right to have but I think it’s far fetched to suggest that there’s some sort of controlled exploitation.
    Plenty of people come off it easy enough it’s not fecking Heroin.

People who talk shit on a football forum slating people who talk shit on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    People who talk shit on a football forum slating people who talk shit on Facebook
    Were we seeing "what you having for lunch" threads on here before the appearance of Facebook I wonder? I think we may have done.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Were we seeing "what you having for lunch" threads on here before the appearance of Facebook I wonder? I think we may have done.
    Spot on .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Or just fed up with sad bastards who feel the need for constant reassurance?
    Whatever they want is up to them.

Do they moan about sad middle aged men who talk on a football forum to strangers? What's more weird, having real friends to talk to on Facebook or talking to strangers on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    I did, and I realised how much of an utter waste of time the whole thing is. I've lived very happily without it for a year or so. If you still use it, great. But I'll happily moan about it for now.
    Never had one

There is nothing worse than Toblerone addiction !!!

Is it wrong then to use Facebook to keep in touch with women who you knew in the past, monitor their personal relationships, target them when they've suffered a relationship breakdown or some other personal drama, offer a shoulder to cry on, nail them and then kick them into touch?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Is it wrong then to use Facebook to keep in touch with women who you knew in the past, monitor their personal relationships, target them when they've suffered a relationship breakdown or some other personal drama, offer a shoulder to cry on, nail them and then kick them into touch?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Asking for a friend.
    Cheers mate , keep it quiet