Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
Germany’s a one horse race mate. Dortmund challenged them for a while then Munich bought all their best players!!!

Surely the barometer for Bayern Munich is how well they do in Europe? When this was put to Pep he got all defensive and prickly, much they way he did towards end of his reign with Barca, and very much how he was last season when things went wrong 2nd half of last season at City.

Not doubting his teams play good stuff but usually when they’ve got the best players, which he’s been allowed to purchase at Citeh and Munich.

I just don’t think he’s reinvented the game the way that some people make out.

He’s not the only manager who plays attractive stuff. It would be interesting to see what Juergen Klopp could do with City’s squad, and Pep with Liverpool’s.
I respect your opinion but he has been sorely unlucky in Europe with Bayern. In the first year he was undone by two moments of genius by Messi in the semi final. In the second or third year they absolutely slaughtered Athletico and were let down by terrible finishing.

Klopp plays good attacking football, as does Pocchetino but what Pep does is totally different in my opinion. He has brought a new dimension to football.