+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How disappointing is this Wales team

Re: How disappointing is this Wales team

We should have equalised but go two down because Taylor cannot defend. Ampadu looks impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Which channel you watching Baloo , not so good on BBC Wales

3 shots since the kids come on...1 before

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It seems like the end of an era.
    Au contraire, Ampadu, Brooks, Woodburn, Wilson, Poole, all involved tonight, and all Welsh.

The futures bright!

Agree some great youngsters out there

Which channel you watching Baloo , not so good on BBC Wales
    Thought the young 'uns made a difference.

All of the youngsters did well when they came on. The big concern is our top players. Bale injured yet again. His body is really failing him now. Ramsey ordinary. Allen did well.
    We need the Bale of two years ago back. We may not get that.

Ampadu, Woodburn and Brooks are already as good as what we've got, and with only a handful of league starts between them they are going to get much, much better. Woodburn, Bale and Brooks up front is an exciting prospect, and I think Ampadu is going to be world class, considering he's only recently turned 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    All of the youngsters did well when they came on. The big concern is our top players. Bale injured yet again. His body is really failing him now. Ramsey ordinary. Allen did well.
    We need the Bale of two years ago back. We may not get that.
    Bale has to shoulder a huge burden when he plays for Wales, these youngsters coming through are all comfortable on the ball, and they can assist in the creative department too. I think it will also help Ramsey, as we tend to rely on him and Bale too much in the final third.

Bale has to shoulder a huge burden when he plays for Wales, these youngsters coming through are all comfortable on the ball, and they can assist in the creative department too. I think it will also help Ramsey, as we tend to rely on him and Bale too much in the final third.
    I think Coleman should have been braver against Ireland. These youngsters could have made a difference

We looked so much better when the youngsters came on

I think Coleman should have been braver against Ireland. These youngsters could have made a difference
    There is a time and a place to introduce 3 youngsters , a major World Cup qualifier could only be selected as the place retrospectively ..

There is a time and a place to introduce 3 youngsters , a major World Cup qualifier could only be selected as the place retrospectively ..
    Woodburn handled it pretty well against Austria and Moldova

He should have come on much earlier, maybe even started, against Ireland

There is Harry Wilson too, he's been banging the goals in for Liverpool U23's and may go out on loan in January.

Spot on just take a chance

There is Harry Wilson too, he's been banging the goals in for Liverpool U23's and may go out on loan in January.
    He’s been a bit forgotten and needs a loan as he is potentially another future star

He’s been a bit forgotten and needs a loan as he is potentially another future star
    Go for him Warnock!

Time to forget the 5 at the back and look to use the pace of the youngsters. Maybe a 4.2.3.1 should be used against Panama with Woodburn and Ampadu starting.

Team for me

Maxwell, Gunter, Chester, Williams, Davies, Allen, Ampadu, Lawrence, Ramsey Woodburn, Bradshaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Time to forget the 5 at the back and look to use the pace of the youngsters. Maybe a 4.2.3.1 should be used against Panama with Woodburn and Ampadu starting.

Team for me

Maxwell, Gunter, Chester, Williams, Davies, Allen, Ampadu, Lawrence, Ramsey Woodburn, Bradshaw.
    looks decent enough plenty of forward drive with that team

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post

Team for me

That’s a team that plays to the strengths of our players. Allen and Ampadu in there would let Rambo get forward more where he’s so much more effective. It’s got a fair bit of pace in it too. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Go for him Warnock!
    Got to say I thought Wilson and Tyler Roberts were poor yesterday - Mark Harris offered more than either of them before he was taken off.

Maxwell looks a good keeper for Preston.
    They started well, battered us at least.
    Fallen away a bit but Maxwell looks like he’ll have a good future.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    That’s a team that plays to the strengths of our players. Allen and Ampadu in there would let Rambo get forward more where he’s so much more effective. It’s got a fair bit of pace in it too. I like it.
    It’s a pretty small team though.Be a bit worried about set pieces

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Au contraire, Ampadu, Brooks, Woodburn, Wilson, Poole, all involved tonight, and all Welsh.

The futures bright!
    Am I having a whoosh moment here by pointing out 3 of these are English?

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Am I having a whoosh moment here by pointing out 3 of these are English?
    Poole and Wilson were born in Wales. Ampadu and Brooks have Welsh mothers. Woodburns grandad is Welsh.