+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coleman has just rolled the dice with his job .

Coleman has just rolled the dice with his job .

Brought on 3 youngsters when Wales were holding France fairly comfortably this half .
    What a gamble .

Re: Coleman has just rolled the dice with his job .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Brought on 3 youngsters when Wales were holding France fairly comfortably this half .
    What a gamble .
    About time Ledley and King have been shite

Not a gamble really. He can say that we'd showed we were capable of holding France for an hour and then that he was also prepared to back his younger players too.

As I say this France get a second but we have already looked far better with them on

Wales were holding France comfortably , by briinging on the more attacking youngsters the spaces were going to appear for France , it was the danger . Much more exciting to watch from a Welsh perspective though .

I would say that went in his favour ,Wales were much better with the youngsters on .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I would say that went in his favour ,Wales were much better with the youngsters on .
    We did look ok for a while.

People are very hard on Coleman. The only success we had was on the back of Bale - and Coleman's tenure brought more success than we have ever been used to. Without Bale we don't have any cutting edge up front and Coleman is hardly to blame.

N.Ireland made the play offs with our former goalkeeper playing up front.

Wales failed, with the (former) most expensive player in the World, and probably the current best British midfield player.

Coleman has never been a good manager, he just inherited a good group of players.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    N.Ireland made the play offs with our former goalkeeper playing up front.

Wales failed, with the (former) most expensive player in the World, and probably the current best British midfield player.

Coleman has never been a good manager, he just inherited a good group of players.
    We had arguably four World Cup players under Yorath in Rush, Hughes, Giggs and Ratcliffe and didn’t qualify. If Bale had been fit for the Ireland game we may have made the play offs

24 teams qualify these days.
    Should be a piece of piss with the players Coleman has at his disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We had arguably four World Cup players under Yorath in Rush, Hughes, Giggs and Ratcliffe and didn’t qualify. If Bale had been fit for the Ireland game we may have made the play offs
    Don't forget we had Dean Saunders and Neville Southall too.

Should have had Kevin Sheedy if the WFA had done their homework

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Don't forget we had Dean Saunders and Neville Southall too.
    Absolutely. I forgot to include Big Nev. I hadn’t forgotten Saunders. A really good player but not Worldclass.

That was a good team, and we came close to qualifying a few times, even though it was mote difficult them days.

This current team is full of premier league players, and qualifying is a lot easier now.

If Ireland, N Ireland, or Scotland has Bale and Ramsey in their squad, I bet they would have qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    People are very hard on Coleman. The only success we had was on the back of Bale - and Coleman's tenure brought more success than we have ever been used to. Without Bale we don't have any cutting edge up front and Coleman is hardly to blame.
    I remember the Scotland game at Cardiff stadium . Scotland were 1-0 up at half time , Coleman’s family looked suicidal at the bar,results hadn’t been good under him . Bale scored 2 goals and the rest is history. Only Roy of the Rovers manager comes close to such a debt to one player in football .

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    That was a good team, and we came close to qualifying a few times, even though it was mote difficult them days.

This current team is full of premier league players, and qualifying is a lot easier now.

If Ireland, N Ireland, or Scotland has Bale and Ramsey in their squad, I bet they would have qualified.
    Yep I agree with your final point. We threw away a play off place due to our home performances. We were unbeaten away from home but losing at home to Ireland and only drawing at home to Georgia simply wasn’t good enough.