+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 74 of 74

Thread: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

  1. #41

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    And from another expert
    "OFF THE MENU
    The critical thing here is not what a lynx *could* do, but what a lynx *would* do; throughout recorded history, the 10,000 or so lynx across Europe, and the 30,000+ across Russia and Asia, have never attacked a human being; child or adult."

    With the ease that news is distributed around the world nowadays when has anybody heard or read about a Lynx attack on a human ?

  2. #42

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    And from another expert
    "OFF THE MENU
    The critical thing here is not what a lynx *could* do, but what a lynx *would* do; throughout recorded history, the 10,000 or so lynx across Europe, and the 30,000+ across Russia and Asia, have never attacked a human being; child or adult."

    With the ease that news is distributed around the world nowadays when has anybody heard or read about a Lynx attack on a human ?
    They are afraid of people , like most wild animals , and with good reason considering we seem to be hell bent on wiping out nature

  3. #43

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Someone putting a bullet in you would most certainly be the right call

  4. #44

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They are afraid of people , like most wild animals , and with good reason considering we seem to be hell bent on wiping out nature
    Apparently it was hiding under a caravan in caravan park that had been shut down for the winter. The caravan was blocked in on three sides - so there was only one way out. A council official wouldn't let the zoo team in to tranquillise it until the council official had made an inspection. The council bod - fell down a grass bank - disturbed the lynx which then decided to run out - where it was shot by the council 'marksman'

    If they had just let the zoo team do their job - none of this would have happened.

  5. #45

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Apparently it was hiding under a caravan in caravan park that had been shut down for the winter. The caravan was blocked in on three sides - so there was only one way out. A council official wouldn't let the zoo team in to tranquillise it until the council official had made an inspection. The council bod - fell down a grass bank - disturbed the lynx which then decided to run out - where it was shot by the council 'marksman'

    If they had just let the zoo team do their job - none of this would have happened.
    That is terrible.

  6. #46

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Apparently it was hiding under a caravan in caravan park that had been shut down for the winter. The caravan was blocked in on three sides - so there was only one way out. A council official wouldn't let the zoo team in to tranquillise it until the council official had made an inspection. The council bod - fell down a grass bank - disturbed the lynx which then decided to run out - where it was shot by the council 'marksman'

    If they had just let the zoo team do their job - none of this would have happened.
    Awful.
    So in other words the Lynx posed zero threat, got scared when some clumsy fícker went arse over tit and made a bolt for it. So for that reason an animal, we brought over here and is not native to this country, deserves to die?

    I despise the human race at times.

  7. #47

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    It seems to me the Council were misadvised by the vet. In a statement they said they ď ... received additional advice late on Friday afternoon, November 10, from a specialist veterinary surgeon that the risk to public well-being had increased from moderate to severe ... ".

    Given the fact wild Lynx co-exist peacefully with humans in many European countries and that there has never been a single documented attack on a human anywhere then this advice was clearly wrong and irresponsible.

    This sad tale also goes to show just how far many people are distanced from the natural world.

  8. #48
    First Team
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    4,744

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    When we were rebuilding St Pancras there was a fox used to cross the Logistics yard every evening to go and scavenge in the waste. He/she lived somewhere behind Kings Cross. I sent an e-mail out to tell everyone collecting anything from the yard to wear gloves and work on the assumption that it might be contaminated with urine.
    That night it snowed and the next morning when I went in my car was covered in snow. The fox had walked to my car, up over the boot across the roof and down the bonnet.
    Where the feck did he see the email? He wasn't even on the address list!!!

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Cardifonia
    Posts
    2,340

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    If it had crawled through someones cat flap and mauled some kid, the experts on here would be saying "why didn't they shoot the fecking thing when it was hiding under the caravan.
    I think the Vet is more qualified to make the call rather than people on a MB, don't you?

  10. #50

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    If it had crawled through someones cat flap and mauled some kid, the experts on here would be saying "why didn't they shoot the fecking thing when it was hiding under the caravan.
    I think the Vet is more qualified to make the call rather than people on a MB, don't you?
    Sounds like the vet made a right feck up here ........he's a vet , not a animal behavioural psychologist

    He or she is going to be asked some questions

  11. #51

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    If it had crawled through someones cat flap and mauled some kid, the experts on here would be saying "why didn't they shoot the fecking thing when it was hiding under the caravan.
    I think the Vet is more qualified to make the call rather than people on a MB, don't you?
    But it did not though,it would try to stay away from humans not go in to a house.

  12. #52

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    But it did not though,it would try to stay away from humans not go in to a house.
    You are wasting your time with this bloke mate

  13. #53

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They are beautiful animals , I was out walking in the lanes a few summers ago in the early evening ........all of a sudden a young fox appeared in front of me , we sort of both froze and after looking at me for about ten seconds he just turned his back and gently vanished into the field

    I can't believe people take pleasure from hunting down a wild animal with dogs until it is exhausted and tearing it to bits , the death for a fox is rarely quick , the hounds often take some time to kill it .....don't believe the nonsense from the countryside alliance , the league against cruel sports have extensive videos which are too distressing to post online

    As far as I am concerned those who enjoy fox hunting are in the same league as the people who go badger baiting or illegal dog fighting
    It's not even as if fox hunting makes any sort of difference to fox population numbers. It's just a thrill for bloodthirsty people in the same way that some enjoy shooting animals. I can't begin to understand why someone would do it.

  14. #54

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    If it had crawled through someones cat flap and mauled some kid, the experts on here would be saying "why didn't they shoot the fecking thing when it was hiding under the caravan.
    I think the Vet is more qualified to make the call rather than people on a MB, don't you?
    Given your new-found knowledge of the lynx, can you tell me how many cases there have been worldwide where they've entered a property using a cat flap and attacked the inhabitants?

    I'll give you a clue - the number is the same as the number of times you've posted anything accurate or interesting on here.

  15. #55

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Someone putting a bullet in you would most certainly be the right call
    spot on

  16. #56

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Someone putting a bullet in you would most certainly be the right call
    As long as the marksman didn't aim at his brain. The bullet would bounce off given how dense it is.

  17. #57

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Given your new-found knowledge of the lynx, can you tell me how many cases there have been worldwide where they've entered a property using a cat flap and attacked the inhabitants?

    I'll give you a clue - the number is the same as the number of times you've posted anything accurate or interesting on here.

  18. #58

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's not even as if fox hunting makes any sort of difference to fox population numbers. It's just a thrill for bloodthirsty people in the same way that some enjoy shooting animals. I can't begin to understand why someone would do it.
    Spot on.
    I the rabies scare a few decades back, did they increase hunting with dogs? NO - they went out with rifles.

  19. #59

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Sludge I take it you donít join in the annual Boxing Day Cowbridge Hunt?

  20. #60

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sludge I take it you donít join in the annual Boxing Day Cowbridge Hunt?
    No , it's a disgrace and quite a lot of the locals agree, it's the toffs from the countryside that come in droves in their Chelsea tractors

    It's bloodsport

  21. #61

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Shameful

    If they got close enough to shoot it , they could have darted it and returned it to the zoo alive and well

    Bet the bloody farmers were moaning about a few sheep the animal may or may not have attacked and the local council decided she was a risk to public safety !!! What a joke , she's not a big cat ff sake , she was probably more scared of people !

    Local zoo is outdated and rightly so
    "Farmers...get that cow off the boat"

  22. #62

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Theres no doubt in my mind that if that animal had attacked a young child the conversation on here would have been totally different.The righteous outrage would have been directed at the authorities no doubt.

  23. #63

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    "Farmers...get that cow off the boat"

    Partridge you wanker !!

  24. #64

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Theres no doubt in my mind that if that animal had attacked a young child the conversation on here would have been totally different.The righteous outrage would have been directed at the authorities no doubt.
    There has not been one attack by a lynx on a child on record

    Read the thread

  25. #65

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    There has not been one attack by a lynx on a child on record

    Read the thread
    How many people do you know live in the same natural habitat as lynx's.They are not indigenous so my point stands.The ones to blame are the people that bring these wild animals within our shores.

  26. #66

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    How many people do you know live in the same natural habitat as lynx's.They are not indigenous so my point stands.The ones to blame are the people that bring these wild animals within our shores.
    They did but were wiped out by humans about a 1000 years ago.

  27. #67

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Not defending the apparently ludicrous council/marksman, but there is also elements of our own litigious society, and the blame culture with which we have surrounded ourselves.
    Nobody wants to be responsible for the slimmest bad outcome from allowing the slightest risk.
    And it was surely a slight slight 'risk' here.

    The other inescapable point is that, unless wholly endangered, animals like the Lynx, and others, should be living as free animals in their indigenous habitats.

    Feck the 'Zoo' and its indignation too.
    No need for the Victorian notion 'Zoo' in the developed world in the 21st Century.

  28. #68

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    How many people do you know live in the same natural habitat as lynx's.They are not indigenous so my point stands.The ones to blame are the people that bring these wild animals within our shores.
    Loads in Europe

    Of course they are indiginous , we wiped them out !!

    The domestic moggy that kills millions of songbirds and endangered species like the doormouse isn't indiginous though , that was imported so if we are going to kill anything , wiping out millions of them would be a good start

  29. #69

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Not defending the apparently ludicrous council/marksman, but there is also elements of our own litigious society, and the blame culture with which we have surrounded ourselves.
    Nobody wants to be responsible for the slimmest bad outcome from allowing the slightest risk.
    And it was surely a slight slight 'risk' here.

    The other inescapable point is that, unless wholly endangered, animals like the Lynx, and others, should be living as free animals in their indigenous habitats.

    Feck the 'Zoo' and its indignation too.
    No need for the Victorian notion 'Zoo' in the developed world in the 21st Century.
    No risk at all except to maybe a few sheep

  30. #70

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Now it turns out that the zoo have accidentally killed a 2nd Lynx, trying to catch it with a noose.
    For absolute FS..

  31. #71

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sludge I take it you donít join in the annual Boxing Day Cowbridge Hunt?
    I live nearCowbridge and they have regular hunts come through the villages. It's an absolute nuisance to be honest. It's a half day of noise and racket. It winds my dog up so much by the evening she's going difficult to manage. They make a mess on the roads. And I'm petrified if I happen to be out walking my dog when they come flying through the village - I don't trust the hunting dogs! I'm never quite sure when they are coming either but I know that many people feel it's a nuisance. Why not just stick to a field...not an entire village or 2! I hate the whole idea of fox hunting and in all honesty and think it's barbaric and although there are no longer real foxes involved and the dogs are following scent if they were to come across a real fox I'm. Sure they wouldn't just ignore it! Poor thing would be killed.

  32. #72

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I live nearCowbridge and they have regular hunts come through the villages. It's an absolute nuisance to be honest. It's a half day of noise and racket. It winds my dog up so much by the evening she's going difficult to manage. They make a mess on the roads. And I'm petrified if I happen to be out walking my dog when they come flying through the village - I don't trust the hunting dogs! I'm never quite sure when they are coming either but I know that many people feel it's a nuisance. Why not just stick to a field...not an entire village or 2! I hate the whole idea of fox hunting and in all honesty and think it's barbaric and although there are no longer real foxes involved and the dogs are following scent if they were to come across a real fox I'm. Sure they wouldn't just ignore it! Poor thing would be killed.
    Bunch of bloodthirsty animals and I don't mean the poor fox

    There are a lot of bully boys following fox hunting who intimidate anyone protesting against it

    One local woman is a star though , every year she's out early waving her banners about , good on her

    Oh they do kill the foxes despite it being against the law , all this hunting a false scent is a con , there are loads of videos filmed by the league against cruel sports showing foxes being killed

    But the police do nothing about it

    One law for the toffs , another for everybody else

  33. #73

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    "One law for the toffs , another for everybody else"

    Unfortunately that is exactly how it is, was, & probably will be forever & not just where Fox hunting is concerned.

  34. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Cardifonia
    Posts
    2,340

    Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I live nearCowbridge and they have regular hunts come through the villages. It's an absolute nuisance to be honest. It's a half day of noise and racket. It winds my dog up so much by the evening she's going difficult to manage. They make a mess on the roads. And I'm petrified if I happen to be out walking my dog when they come flying through the village - I don't trust the hunting dogs! I'm never quite sure when they are coming either but I know that many people feel it's a nuisance. Why not just stick to a field...not an entire village or 2! I hate the whole idea of fox hunting and in all honesty and think it's barbaric and although there are no longer real foxes involved and the dogs are following scent if they were to come across a real fox I'm. Sure they wouldn't just ignore it! Poor thing would be killed.
    It's the countryside ffs. What do you expect?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •