+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

Re: Escaped lynx shot dead for ****s sake

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    But it did not though,it would try to stay away from humans not go in to a house.
    You are wasting your time with this bloke mate

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They are beautiful animals , I was out walking in the lanes a few summers ago in the early evening ........all of a sudden a young fox appeared in front of me , we sort of both froze and after looking at me for about ten seconds he just turned his back and gently vanished into the field

I can't believe people take pleasure from hunting down a wild animal with dogs until it is exhausted and tearing it to bits , the death for a fox is rarely quick , the hounds often take some time to kill it .....don't believe the nonsense from the countryside alliance , the league against cruel sports have extensive videos which are too distressing to post online

As far as I am concerned those who enjoy fox hunting are in the same league as the people who go badger baiting or illegal dog fighting
    It's not even as if fox hunting makes any sort of difference to fox population numbers. It's just a thrill for bloodthirsty people in the same way that some enjoy shooting animals. I can't begin to understand why someone would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    If it had crawled through someones cat flap and mauled some kid, the experts on here would be saying "why didn't they shoot the fecking thing when it was hiding under the caravan.
    I think the Vet is more qualified to make the call rather than people on a MB, don't you?
    Given your new-found knowledge of the lynx, can you tell me how many cases there have been worldwide where they've entered a property using a cat flap and attacked the inhabitants?

I'll give you a clue - the number is the same as the number of times you've posted anything accurate or interesting on here.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Someone putting a bullet in you would most certainly be the right call
    spot on

Someone putting a bullet in you would most certainly be the right call
    As long as the marksman didn't aim at his brain. The bullet would bounce off given how dense it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Given your new-found knowledge of the lynx, can you tell me how many cases there have been worldwide where they've entered a property using a cat flap and attacked the inhabitants?

I'll give you a clue - the number is the same as the number of times you've posted anything accurate or interesting on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's not even as if fox hunting makes any sort of difference to fox population numbers. It's just a thrill for bloodthirsty people in the same way that some enjoy shooting animals. I can't begin to understand why someone would do it.
    Spot on.
    I the rabies scare a few decades back, did they increase hunting with dogs? NO - they went out with rifles.

Sludge I take it you don’t join in the annual Boxing Day Cowbridge Hunt?

No , it's a disgrace and quite a lot of the locals agree, it's the toffs from the countryside that come in droves in their Chelsea tractors

It's bloodsport

Shameful

If they got close enough to shoot it , they could have darted it and returned it to the zoo alive and well

Bet the bloody farmers were moaning about a few sheep the animal may or may not have attacked and the local council decided she was a risk to public safety !!! What a joke , she's not a big cat ff sake , she was probably more scared of people !

Local zoo is outdated and rightly so
    "Farmers...get that cow off the boat"

Theres no doubt in my mind that if that animal had attacked a young child the conversation on here would have been totally different.The righteous outrage would have been directed at the authorities no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    "Farmers...get that cow off the boat"

Partridge you wanker !!

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Theres no doubt in my mind that if that animal had attacked a young child the conversation on here would have been totally different.The righteous outrage would have been directed at the authorities no doubt.
    There has not been one attack by a lynx on a child on record

Read the thread

There has not been one attack by a lynx on a child on record

Read the thread
    How many people do you know live in the same natural habitat as lynx's.They are not indigenous so my point stands.The ones to blame are the people that bring these wild animals within our shores.

How many people do you know live in the same natural habitat as lynx's.They are not indigenous so my point stands.The ones to blame are the people that bring these wild animals within our shores.
    They did but were wiped out by humans about a 1000 years ago.

Not defending the apparently ludicrous council/marksman, but there is also elements of our own litigious society, and the blame culture with which we have surrounded ourselves.
    Nobody wants to be responsible for the slimmest bad outcome from allowing the slightest risk.
    And it was surely a slight slight 'risk' here.

The other inescapable point is that, unless wholly endangered, animals like the Lynx, and others, should be living as free animals in their indigenous habitats.

Feck the 'Zoo' and its indignation too.
    No need for the Victorian notion 'Zoo' in the developed world in the 21st Century.

Loads in Europe

Of course they are indiginous , we wiped them out !!

The domestic moggy that kills millions of songbirds and endangered species like the doormouse isn't indiginous though , that was imported so if we are going to kill anything , wiping out millions of them would be a good start

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Not defending the apparently ludicrous council/marksman, but there is also elements of our own litigious society, and the blame culture with which we have surrounded ourselves.
    Nobody wants to be responsible for the slimmest bad outcome from allowing the slightest risk.
    And it was surely a slight slight 'risk' here.

The other inescapable point is that, unless wholly endangered, animals like the Lynx, and others, should be living as free animals in their indigenous habitats.

Feck the 'Zoo' and its indignation too.
    No need for the Victorian notion 'Zoo' in the developed world in the 21st Century.
    No risk at all except to maybe a few sheep

Now it turns out that the zoo have accidentally killed a 2nd Lynx, trying to catch it with a noose.
    For absolute FS..

SuperBluebirds91

I live nearCowbridge and they have regular hunts come through the villages. It's an absolute nuisance to be honest. It's a half day of noise and racket. It winds my dog up so much by the evening she's going difficult to manage. They make a mess on the roads. And I'm petrified if I happen to be out walking my dog when they come flying through the village - I don't trust the hunting dogs! I'm never quite sure when they are coming either but I know that many people feel it's a nuisance. Why not just stick to a field...not an entire village or 2! I hate the whole idea of fox hunting and in all honesty and think it's barbaric and although there are no longer real foxes involved and the dogs are following scent if they were to come across a real fox I'm. Sure they wouldn't just ignore it! Poor thing would be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I live nearCowbridge and they have regular hunts come through the villages. It's an absolute nuisance to be honest. It's a half day of noise and racket. It winds my dog up so much by the evening she's going difficult to manage. They make a mess on the roads. And I'm petrified if I happen to be out walking my dog when they come flying through the village - I don't trust the hunting dogs! I'm never quite sure when they are coming either but I know that many people feel it's a nuisance. Why not just stick to a field...not an entire village or 2! I hate the whole idea of fox hunting and in all honesty and think it's barbaric and although there are no longer real foxes involved and the dogs are following scent if they were to come across a real fox I'm. Sure they wouldn't just ignore it! Poor thing would be killed.
    Bunch of bloodthirsty animals and I don't mean the poor fox

There are a lot of bully boys following fox hunting who intimidate anyone protesting against it

One local woman is a star though , every year she's out early waving her banners about , good on her

Oh they do kill the foxes despite it being against the law , all this hunting a false scent is a con , there are loads of videos filmed by the league against cruel sports showing foxes being killed

But the police do nothing about it

One law for the toffs , another for everybody else

"One law for the toffs , another for everybody else"

Unfortunately that is exactly how it is, was, & probably will be forever & not just where Fox hunting is concerned.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    It's the countryside ffs. What do you expect?