+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 88

Thread: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

  1. #1

    What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    I'll start.

    Eddie Butler.

  2. #2
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,356

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Eddie Butler
    John Inverdale
    Gurning half passed fans in daffodil/leek/cowboy hats
    Most of the time itís boring

  3. #3

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    If I wanted to watch 30 fellas shoving their heads up each other's arses, I'd watch a porn channel.

  4. #4

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    I enjoy watching international rugby , not fussed on the club game

    I would agree with you on butler but I am still going to watch

    Apart from the build up and post match analysis

    The press gets on my tits , inside first pages of western mail was not about the death of the assembly member , carwyn Jones or armistice Day , it was a two page waffle on the rugby ff sake

  5. #5

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Eddie Butler
    John Inverdale
    Gurning half passed fans in daffodil/leek/cowboy hats
    Most of the time itís boring
    John inverdale is creepy

  6. #6

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If I wanted to watch 30 fellas shoving their heads up each other's arses, I'd watch a porn channel.
    That sounds like a hell of a film mate. Not my cup of tea but, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

  7. #7
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,356

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I enjoy watching international rugby , not fussed on the club game

    I would agree with you on butler but I am still going to watch

    Apart from the build up and post match analysis

    The press gets on my tits , inside first pages of western mail was not about the death of the assembly member , carwyn Jones or armistice Day , it was a two page waffle on the rugby ff sake
    If I wanted to watch a game of rugby Iíd nip along to my local club and watch from the touch line.
    I can relate to that.

    Watching an international feels fake.

    Itís like watching a band in a small club against watching X factor.

  8. #8

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    If I wanted to watch a game of rugby I’d nip along to my local club and watch from the touch line.
    I can relate to that.
    Watching an international feels fake.
    It’s like watching a band in a small club against watching X factor.
    And of course the fact that Goslow, Feedback and Splott David may be watching too....

  9. #9

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    What puts me off watching rugby?

    The fact that it's ****ing rugby.

  10. #10

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'll start.

    Eddie Butler.

    I Like the game and will watch it, but only the game, nothing else, no build up, no post match analysis etc. to keep the aussies within 20 points today will be a decent result. Gatland has achieved good results for Wales but his brand of rugby is now outdated and i think its time for a change, the regions need to change as well, I thought LLanelli had started the trend of open expansive rugby last year but they do not seemed to have kicked on this season.

  11. #11

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I Like the game and will watch it, but only the game, nothing else, no build up, no post match analysis etc. to keep the aussies within 20 points today will be a decent result. Gatland has achieved good results for Wales but his brand of rugby is now outdated and i think its time for a change, the regions need to change as well, I thought LLanelli had started the trend of open expansive rugby last year but they do not seemed to have kicked on this season.
    Australia minus 4 real value Chris?

  12. #12

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I Like the game and will watch it, but only the game, nothing else, no build up, no post match analysis etc. to keep the aussies within 20 points today will be a decent result. Gatland has achieved good results for Wales but his brand of rugby is now outdated and i think its time for a change, the regions need to change as well, I thought LLanelli had started the trend of open expansive rugby last year but they do not seemed to have kicked on this season.
    ? Scarlets playing great this season

  13. #13

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Proper try fest in the Scotland vs Samoa game.

  14. #14

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If I wanted to watch 30 fellas shoving their heads up each other's arses, I'd watch a porn channel.
    WTF?

  15. #15

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    It's a messy game. It does not please me.

  16. #16

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Australia minus 4 real value Chris?
    Unsure what that means

  17. #17

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I enjoy watching international rugby , not fussed on the club game

    I would agree with you on butler but I am still going to watch

    Apart from the build up and post match analysis

    The press gets on my tits , inside first pages of western mail was not about the death of the assembly member , carwyn Jones or armistice Day , it was a two page waffle on the rugby ff sake
    I like Eddie Butler but agree on the weird priorities the press have in Wales

  18. #18

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    John inverdale is creepy

    inverdale is a patronizing clown

  19. #19

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Plenty of empty seats at the Wales vs Australia game.

  20. #20

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Women in the pub shouting "come on Shane come on Shane" with stupid hat's on screeching with a pint in hand.

  21. #21

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Its on , got the best seat in the house.
    Australia minus 4 , being pragmatic not anti Wales.

  22. #22

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If I wanted to watch 30 fellas shoving their heads up each other's arses, I'd watch a porn channel.
    Or the Human Centipede.

  23. #23

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Unsure what that means
    Australia start with -4 points , I need Australia to win by at least 5 points

  24. #24

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Its on , got the best seat in the house.
    Australia minus 4 , being pragmatic not anti Wales.
    I'd give australia 10 points tbh

  25. #25

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    The pitch is looking like the Plough (a Port Talbot in-joke there) ;)

  26. #26

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Plenty of empty seats at the Wales vs Australia game.
    National sport.

    Staying around the bar areas getting pissed, not actually watching the game that is.

  27. #27

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    WTF?
    Baffled me too that one. Strange thing to say..

  28. #28

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Plenty of empty seats at the Wales vs Australia game.
    Queuing to get in cos of the extra security.

    I wonder what the attendances would be if the national football team were playing 4 friendlies at home on consecutive weekends, especially with tickets for all 4 costing about £200.

  29. #29

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Piss poor organization then, at kick off there were thousands of empty seats.

  30. #30

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Piss poor organization then, at kick off there were thousands of empty seats.
    There are huge queues apparently.
    Friends sent pics of the thousands outside fuming. Not sure what's happened there as they usually have it sussed. Not good especially as they charge extortionate prices for the rugby!

  31. #31

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Australia start with -4 points , I need Australia to win by at least 5 points
    I think you are safe with this one the pace at which Australia attacke is something our players do not see week in week out, whilst we will get comfortably beat, at least we are seemingly looking to move away from Warren Ball

  32. #32

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    There are huge queues apparently.
    Friends sent pics of the thousands outside fuming. Not sure what's happened there as they usually have it sussed. Not good especially as they charge extortionate prices for the rugby!
    Huge queues due to eggers not grasping that due to the increase in terrorist incidents there might actually be increased security, failing to realise that by forsaking their 8th/9th pint of the day, they could queue up earlier and get in for kickoff..

  33. #33

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Huge queues due to eggers not grasping that due to the increase in terrorist incidents there might actually be increased security, failing to realise that by forsaking their 8th/9th pint of the day, they could queue up earlier and get in for kickoff..
    Aye cos football fans never do that do they.

  34. #34

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Aye cos football fans never do that do they.
    Going to watch egg chasing is all about getting rat arsed and zero to do with the actual game...

    EDIT: And which football games have had notable numbers of empty seats due to queues due to increased security?

  35. #35

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Aye cos football fans never do that do they.
    If we are honest , football fans are much more well behaved than rugby fans
    its just rugby fans have a better public relations officer

  36. #36

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    If we are honest , football fans are much more well behaved than rugby fans
    its just rugby fans have a better public relations officer
    Fans of any sport can be arseholes agreed.

    Not sure If your serious with the rest of the post though

  37. #37

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Going to watch egg chasing is all about getting rat arsed and zero to do with the actual game...

    EDIT: And which football games have had notable numbers of empty seats due to queues due to increased security?
    For loads yes, not all.

    The ccs had about 18000 for the sheff weds game and I remember being delayed walking in as all jackets were opened while walking in...id imagine near 60000 more fans that day and we would have seen longer delays.

    Went to the fireworks in Cardiff last year, went again the other week and we got there a reasonable time so had no queues but friends who came later took 45 minutes to get in as they checked everyone on entering, fireworks were over half hour late.
    But of course it's just piss heads that cause delays isn't it.

  38. #38

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Fans of any sport can be arseholes agreed.

    Not sure If your serious with the rest of the post though
    He should be serious.

    Do you remember the mass media coverage, arrests when the England team had their coach bricked years ago? English flag burnt? No - funnily enough, media played it down.

    Plenty of incidents occur after every rugby international that would lead to arrests and banning orders if conducted by football fans.

  39. #39

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    For loads yes, not all.

    The ccs had about 18000 for the sheff weds game and I remember being delayed walking in as all jackets were opened while walking in...id imagine near 60000 more fans that day and we would have seen longer delays.

    Went to the fireworks in Cardiff last year, went again the other week and we got there a reasonable time so had no queues but friends who came later took 45 minutes to get in as they checked everyone on entering, fireworks were over half hour late.
    But of course it's just piss heads that cause delays isn't it.
    Yes, it is. As in egg chasing pissheads knowing security has been increased and decide to turn up at the last minute as that 92nd beer is far more important.

  40. #40

    Re: What puts you off watching Rugby on the telly?

    Unlucky Wales , thoroughly enjoyed that.
    Bet came home.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •