+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

  1. #1

    Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Proper grudge match this, especially the way the first fight was controversially ended.

    This is no grudge to sell PPV tickets, they seriously dislike each other.

    Liam is the most dislikeable of the Smith brothers, stereotypical gonna scouser, hope Williams smashes him.

  2. #2

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    What channel?

  3. #3

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Yep ive been looking forward to this for ages.

    A relative of mine went to the first fight and he said he'd never seen crowd violence at boxing like it

  4. #4

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    What channel?
    BT sport 1

  5. #5

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    BT sport 1
    Ah the ones I don't have ;)

  6. #6

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    What channel?
    box nation mate

  7. #7

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Yep ive been looking forward to this for ages.

    A relative of mine went to the first fight and he said he'd never seen crowd violence at boxing like it
    Quite a common theme in the boxing these days. Cocaine, booze and boxing don’t mix well.

  8. #8

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Quite a common theme in the boxing these days. Cocaine, booze and boxing don’t mix well.
    Ye it was ridiculous last week for joshua.

    Good luck taking a dump anywhere in cardiff that day, not 1 cubicle free.

  9. #9

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Load of mates went to the first one, they went up Friday for this one too.
    Should be a good scrap this.

  10. #10

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Ye it was ridiculous last week for joshua.

    Good luck taking a dump anywhere in cardiff that day, not 1 cubicle free.
    I went to the Calzaghe v Kessler fight years ago and after the boxing there was a 10 v 10 by the side of the river. How someone didn’t go over the side and into the Taff I don’t know. It was ****ing mental.

  11. #11

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Load of mates went to the first one, they went up Friday for this one too.
    Should be a good scrap this.
    On the piss in Newcastle all day and a grudge match, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this one spill over on the crowd tbh.

  12. #12

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    On the piss in Newcastle all day and a grudge match, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this one spill over on the crowd tbh.
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Weekend on the piss.. most will have their noses full to the brim too to help with the long weekend...recipe for disaster.

  13. #13

  14. #14

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    No arguments with that one...

    I'm not basing this much but he williams seems to have bulked up loads, losing a lot of stamina and speed.

  15. #15
    First Team El Gwapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Credibility Street
    Posts
    1,201

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Smith had a but too much for him tonight

  16. #16

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Williams didn't do anything of mote for 8 rounds.

    Still don't know what commentator was more up Smith's arse mind after listening to that.

  17. #17

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Shit fight

  18. #18

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Pretty boring fight for 7-8 rounds, Smith deserved it

  19. #19

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Annoyingly, Williams seemed to change his tactics from those which had Smith on the ropes last time out. Williams was on course to win that and this shocked the other camp, hence the decision was made to use the head to get it stopped. The real grudge was from the feeling that Williams shouldn't have got anywhere near beating Smith. That wasn't in the plan at all (Warren promotes both fighters).

    It seemed the 'script' was adhered to this time.

  20. #20

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Annoyingly, Williams seemed to change his tactics from those which had Smith on the ropes last time out. Williams was on course to win that and this shocked the other camp, hence the decision was made to use the head to get it stopped. The real grudge was from the feeling that Williams shouldn't have got anywhere near beating Smith. That wasn't in the plan at all (Warren promotes both fighters).

    It seemed the 'script' was adhered to this time.
    I've seen dully out and about, don't strike me one bit as the type to listen to a script.

  21. #21

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Williams didn't do anything of mote for 8 rounds.

    Still don't know what commentator was more up Smith's arse mind after listening to that.
    At one point Williams caught Smith with an uppercut and he praised Smith for throwing it
    The commentators were twats

  22. #22

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    At one point Williams caught Smith with an uppercut and he praised Smith for throwing it
    The commentators were twats
    I was thinking that but I'd had a long day so wondered if I'd just made a mistake thinking it.

    Turned the sound down in the end.

  23. #23

    Re: Liam Williams v Liam Smith II

    The scouser ringside, had it a draw, plus Steve Bunce had them 4 rounds each, and the other 4 he couldn't decide.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •