+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coleman out...

Re: Coleman out...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's not a case of scrapping it per se, it's a case that you need to have more than one system, players need to know and be familiar with them. We've changed things for different games, for example. Coleman seems unable to do so.
    He probably feels he has been unable to given the lack of depth. Hopefully the emergence of the three youngsters will help, Ampadu in particular could see us bin the five at the back for a while and give our midfield a chance to run the game.

It's not a case of scrapping it per se, it's a case that you need to have more than one system, players need to know and be familiar with them. We've changed things for different games, for example. Coleman seems unable to do so.
    That was my point above. Coleman has done an incredible job with us, no two ways about it but I do feel both us and him need a change now. A bit of a freshen up.

He's too close and pally with the players we have, and while that worked wonders for a few years, it will hinder us going forward. Unless he decides to go and change it all up completely, with a new style and new personnel. Is that within him?

Everyone forgets the influence of the excellent Osian Roberts in all this. He's an excellent coach who is training other top coaches, so we will hopefully always have Osian alongside whoever is Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    That was my point above. Coleman has done an incredible job with us, no two ways about it but I do feel both us and him need a change now. A bit of a freshen up.

He's too close and pally with the players we have, and while that worked wonders for a few years, it will hinder us going forward. Unless he decides to go and change it all up completely, with a new style and new personnel. Is that within him?

Everyone forgets the influence of the excellent Osian Roberts in all this. He's an excellent coach who is training other top coaches, so we will hopefully always have Osian alongside whoever is Manager.
    This is absolutely the feeling I have too. With genuine respect to Coleman and his achievements.
    But, I do wonder who the hell 'we' (or rather, they) would end up replacing Coleman with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    This is absolutely the feeling I have too. With genuine respect to Coleman and his achievements.
    But, I do wonder who the hell 'we' (or rather, they) would end up replacing Coleman with.
    There really is no obvious stand out successor to Coleman that I can see.

Pulis says he’s not interested at the moment, Hughes is unlikely to return. Giggs and Bellamy would be a big gamble as they have no managerial experience. Osian Roberts is very much a coach. The FAW have never employed a foreign manager, other than a few English ones.
    I think we are better off sticking with Coleman until one of the young Welsh candidates are ready.

Coleman's time to get a decent ( ie Prem ) job is running out.

Think he expected them to come running after the Euros only to find he's not as highly regarded as he thinks.

I suspect he's been trying to smoke out any offers; none will arise so I'm sure he and the FAW will find a way to both save face as he signs a new contract.

Coleman's time to get a decent ( ie Prem ) job is running out.

Think he expected them to come running after the Euros only to find he's not as highly regarded as he thinks.

I suspect he's been trying to smoke out any offers; none will arise so I'm sure he and the FAW will find a way to both save face as he signs a new contract.
    Probably not far from the truth that. If this is what happens, then let's hope Coleman now shows a harder side to him and brings through a load of the youth, as Brian Flynn did in 2007 (with Toshack's blessing to be fair) to create this current generation:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...tball-13880144

Glad tbat Toshack's work is being recognised here. Better manager by a country mile than Coleman who happened to be in the right place at the right time.
    I repeat what i said at the start, Coleman is limited tactically, we should have qualified for the WC and its time for a fresh face.
    Ryan Giggs anyone? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Coleman only has one system of play and when that doesn't work we're ****ed, imo he's taken us as far as he possibly can and he's to stubborn to drop any of the old guard
    He has no plan B

we counter attack and it worked well in the past, of course everyone knows that and just will not leave space at the back, so we struggle