+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 33 of 33

Thread: Coleman out...

  1. #1

    Coleman out...

    How the feck didnt Wales qualify. Denmark and the Republic are piss poor.

  2. #2

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    How the feck didnt Wales qualify. Denmark and the Republic are piss poor.
    And so were we ...

  3. #3

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And so were we ...
    Not consistently as bad as both those teams have been.

  4. #4

    Re: Coleman out...

    Just to add, in my opinion we underachieved and that has to be down to the manager

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Cardifonia
    Posts
    2,340

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Just to add, in my opinion we underachieved and that has to be down to the manager
    Can you supply a bit more detail as to why CC deserves the bullet?

  6. #6

    Re: Coleman out...

    Fecking Iceland, size of Cardiff, limited players kicked on from Euros. N Ireland, we beat in Euros have got further than us, Republic who didnt get to Euros lokk like qualifying. We are the highest ranked country not to qualify.
    Coleman failed to organise and motivate his troops. He, they thought we were worldbeaters. We could have been with the right manager.

  7. #7

    Re: Coleman out...

    I think Coleman has realised he had better players available which he didn't utilize. He must have known it from training.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Cardifonia
    Posts
    2,340

    Re: Coleman out...

    We lost 1 game in the group stages. Very respectable

  9. #9

    Re: Coleman out...

    Having dropped points from winning positions. Not very respectable.

  10. #10

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Having dropped points from winning positions. Not very respectable.
    spot on

  11. #11

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Fecking Iceland, size of Cardiff, limited players kicked on from Euros. N Ireland, we beat in Euros have got further than us, Republic who didnt get to Euros lokk like qualifying. We are the highest ranked country not to qualify.
    Coleman failed to organise and motivate his troops. He, they thought we were worldbeaters. We could have been with the right manager.
    Ireland did qualify for the euros.

  12. #12

    Re: Coleman out...

    Unfortunately, defensive howlers / lapses of concentration meant that the leads we held in every match (bar the frigging Ireland ones and TWO away in Austria) were continually thrown away.

    This shows a mental fragility and not enough quality at the back. Taylor looks past his best already unfortunately, Williams isn't far off that either.

    We might indeed need a new manager for a different approach and to not be too attached to the 'old guard'.

    Yes, Euro 16 was absolutely magical, and no-one will ever forget it, but we need to start qualifying more regularly.

  13. #13

    Re: Coleman out...

    Bale, Ramsey, Davis, Allen available, plus several other premier league players.
    We were the highest ranked team in our group, and the highest ranked in Europe not to qualify for the finals or play offs.

  14. #14

    Re: Coleman out...

    Norn Iron undone with a dodgy pelanty decision, never mind.

  15. #15

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Bale, Ramsey, Davis, Allen available, plus several other premier league players.
    We were the highest ranked team in our group, and the highest ranked in Europe not to qualify for the finals or play offs.
    Michael O'Niell the Northern Ireland manager would've walked Wales into the World Cup.

  16. #16

    Re: Coleman out...

    Here’s an interesting statistic-Out of a possible 900 minutes of football in the qualifiers,Bale,Ramsey and Allen were only on the pitch for 230 of them.I think it just goes to show we need our best players playing, as we don’t have much depth to the squad.

  17. #17

    Re: Coleman out...

    Coleman only has one system of play and when that doesn't work we're ****ed, imo he's taken us as far as he possibly can and he's to stubborn to drop any of the old guard

  18. #18

    Re: Coleman out...

    He was too conservative. It cost us.

  19. #19

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He was too conservative. It cost us.
    Coleman out, Corbyn in.

  20. #20

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Coleman only has one system of play and when that doesn't work we're ****ed, imo he's taken us as far as he possibly can and he's to stubborn to drop any of the old guard
    Too stubborn? That same team and system got us to a semi final. You can hardly blame him for using it again. Your not seriously suggesting that he should have dropped it just because of a few draws or thrown Woodburn, Brooks and Ampadu in from the start?

  21. #21

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Too stubborn? That same team and system got us to a semi final. You can hardly blame him for using it again. Your not seriously suggesting that he should have dropped it just because of a few draws or thrown Woodburn, Brooks and Ampadu in from the start?
    That style relies purely on counter attacking.

    That's great but does **** all when facing Ireland, whose tactic was to park the bus, kick the shit out of anything and look to hit on the break.

    When it came to having to play on the front foot, Coleman didn't really have any idea how to do so - if he did, he didn't communicate it to the players particularly well.

  22. #22

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    That style relies purely on counter attacking.

    That's great but does **** all when facing Ireland, whose tactic was to park the bus, kick the shit out of anything and look to hit on the break.

    When it came to having to play on the front foot, Coleman didn't really have any idea how to do so - if he did, he didn't communicate it to the players particularly well.
    I agree that system was unlikey to work against Ireland unless Bale was playing. I think the big mistake Coleman made in that game was to bring on Jonny Williams rather than Dave Edwards, which would have allowed Rambo to play further forward.

    My point was more genrally that, given the success that system and team has had, and how weak our squad is, he was never going to scrap it and change personal at the first sign on problems.

  23. #23

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I agree that system was unlikey to work against Ireland unless Bale was playing. I think the big mistake Coleman made in that game was to bring on Jonny Williams rather than Dave Edwards, which would have allowed Rambo to play further forward.

    My point was more genrally that, given the success that system and team has had, and how weak our squad is, he was never going to scrap it and change personal at the first sign on problems.
    It's not a case of scrapping it per se, it's a case that you need to have more than one system, players need to know and be familiar with them. We've changed things for different games, for example. Coleman seems unable to do so.

  24. #24

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Too stubborn? That same team and system got us to a semi final. You can hardly blame him for using it again. Your not seriously suggesting that he should have dropped it just because of a few draws or thrown Woodburn, Brooks and Ampadu in from the start?
    I'm not saying drop everyone and start playing like Barcelona but he has his favourites and when certain players don't play well he won't drop any of them. As the manager I would expect him to have had a couple of more different styles of dependent on how the game was going but he had no idea against Ireland and if he picks Neil Taylor again he deserves sacking

  25. #25

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Coleman only has one system of play and when that doesn't work we're ****ed, imo he's taken us as far as he possibly can and he's to stubborn to drop any of the old guard
    Too right brother ' time for Rush and Hughes to go

  26. #26

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's not a case of scrapping it per se, it's a case that you need to have more than one system, players need to know and be familiar with them. We've changed things for different games, for example. Coleman seems unable to do so.
    He probably feels he has been unable to given the lack of depth. Hopefully the emergence of the three youngsters will help, Ampadu in particular could see us bin the five at the back for a while and give our midfield a chance to run the game.

  27. #27

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's not a case of scrapping it per se, it's a case that you need to have more than one system, players need to know and be familiar with them. We've changed things for different games, for example. Coleman seems unable to do so.
    That was my point above. Coleman has done an incredible job with us, no two ways about it but I do feel both us and him need a change now. A bit of a freshen up.

    He's too close and pally with the players we have, and while that worked wonders for a few years, it will hinder us going forward. Unless he decides to go and change it all up completely, with a new style and new personnel. Is that within him?

    Everyone forgets the influence of the excellent Osian Roberts in all this. He's an excellent coach who is training other top coaches, so we will hopefully always have Osian alongside whoever is Manager.

  28. #28

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    That was my point above. Coleman has done an incredible job with us, no two ways about it but I do feel both us and him need a change now. A bit of a freshen up.

    He's too close and pally with the players we have, and while that worked wonders for a few years, it will hinder us going forward. Unless he decides to go and change it all up completely, with a new style and new personnel. Is that within him?

    Everyone forgets the influence of the excellent Osian Roberts in all this. He's an excellent coach who is training other top coaches, so we will hopefully always have Osian alongside whoever is Manager.
    This is absolutely the feeling I have too. With genuine respect to Coleman and his achievements.
    But, I do wonder who the hell 'we' (or rather, they) would end up replacing Coleman with.

  29. #29

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    This is absolutely the feeling I have too. With genuine respect to Coleman and his achievements.
    But, I do wonder who the hell 'we' (or rather, they) would end up replacing Coleman with.
    There really is no obvious stand out successor to Coleman that I can see.

    Pulis says he’s not interested at the moment, Hughes is unlikely to return. Giggs and Bellamy would be a big gamble as they have no managerial experience. Osian Roberts is very much a coach. The FAW have never employed a foreign manager, other than a few English ones.
    I think we are better off sticking with Coleman until one of the young Welsh candidates are ready.

  30. #30

    Re: Coleman out...

    Coleman's time to get a decent ( ie Prem ) job is running out.

    Think he expected them to come running after the Euros only to find he's not as highly regarded as he thinks.

    I suspect he's been trying to smoke out any offers; none will arise so I'm sure he and the FAW will find a way to both save face as he signs a new contract.

  31. #31

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Coleman's time to get a decent ( ie Prem ) job is running out.

    Think he expected them to come running after the Euros only to find he's not as highly regarded as he thinks.

    I suspect he's been trying to smoke out any offers; none will arise so I'm sure he and the FAW will find a way to both save face as he signs a new contract.
    Probably not far from the truth that. If this is what happens, then let's hope Coleman now shows a harder side to him and brings through a load of the youth, as Brian Flynn did in 2007 (with Toshack's blessing to be fair) to create this current generation:

    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...tball-13880144

  32. #32

    Re: Coleman out...

    Glad tbat Toshack's work is being recognised here. Better manager by a country mile than Coleman who happened to be in the right place at the right time.
    I repeat what i said at the start, Coleman is limited tactically, we should have qualified for the WC and its time for a fresh face.
    Ryan Giggs anyone? Lol

  33. #33

    Re: Coleman out...

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Coleman only has one system of play and when that doesn't work we're ****ed, imo he's taken us as far as he possibly can and he's to stubborn to drop any of the old guard
    He has no plan B

    we counter attack and it worked well in the past, of course everyone knows that and just will not leave space at the back, so we struggle

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •