+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coleman out...

Coleman out...

How the feck didnt Wales qualify. Denmark and the Republic are piss poor.

Re: Coleman out...

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    How the feck didnt Wales qualify. Denmark and the Republic are piss poor.
    And so were we ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And so were we ...
    Not consistently as bad as both those teams have been.

Just to add, in my opinion we underachieved and that has to be down to the manager

Banned

Just to add, in my opinion we underachieved and that has to be down to the manager
    Can you supply a bit more detail as to why CC deserves the bullet?

Fecking Iceland, size of Cardiff, limited players kicked on from Euros. N Ireland, we beat in Euros have got further than us, Republic who didnt get to Euros lokk like qualifying. We are the highest ranked country not to qualify.
    Coleman failed to organise and motivate his troops. He, they thought we were worldbeaters. We could have been with the right manager.

I think Coleman has realised he had better players available which he didn't utilize. He must have known it from training.

Banned

We lost 1 game in the group stages. Very respectable

Having dropped points from winning positions. Not very respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Having dropped points from winning positions. Not very respectable.
    spot on

Fecking Iceland, size of Cardiff, limited players kicked on from Euros. N Ireland, we beat in Euros have got further than us, Republic who didnt get to Euros lokk like qualifying. We are the highest ranked country not to qualify.
    Coleman failed to organise and motivate his troops. He, they thought we were worldbeaters. We could have been with the right manager.
    Ireland did qualify for the euros.

Unfortunately, defensive howlers / lapses of concentration meant that the leads we held in every match (bar the frigging Ireland ones and TWO away in Austria) were continually thrown away.

This shows a mental fragility and not enough quality at the back. Taylor looks past his best already unfortunately, Williams isn't far off that either.

We might indeed need a new manager for a different approach and to not be too attached to the 'old guard'.

Yes, Euro 16 was absolutely magical, and no-one will ever forget it, but we need to start qualifying more regularly.

Bale, Ramsey, Davis, Allen available, plus several other premier league players.
    We were the highest ranked team in our group, and the highest ranked in Europe not to qualify for the finals or play offs.

Norn Iron undone with a dodgy pelanty decision, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Bale, Ramsey, Davis, Allen available, plus several other premier league players.
    We were the highest ranked team in our group, and the highest ranked in Europe not to qualify for the finals or play offs.
    Michael O'Niell the Northern Ireland manager would've walked Wales into the World Cup.

Here’s an interesting statistic-Out of a possible 900 minutes of football in the qualifiers,Bale,Ramsey and Allen were only on the pitch for 230 of them.I think it just goes to show we need our best players playing, as we don’t have much depth to the squad.

Coleman only has one system of play and when that doesn't work we're ****ed, imo he's taken us as far as he possibly can and he's to stubborn to drop any of the old guard

He was too conservative. It cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He was too conservative. It cost us.
    Coleman out, Corbyn in.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Coleman only has one system of play and when that doesn't work we're ****ed, imo he's taken us as far as he possibly can and he's to stubborn to drop any of the old guard
    Too stubborn? That same team and system got us to a semi final. You can hardly blame him for using it again. Your not seriously suggesting that he should have dropped it just because of a few draws or thrown Woodburn, Brooks and Ampadu in from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Too stubborn? That same team and system got us to a semi final. You can hardly blame him for using it again. Your not seriously suggesting that he should have dropped it just because of a few draws or thrown Woodburn, Brooks and Ampadu in from the start?
    That style relies purely on counter attacking.

That's great but does **** all when facing Ireland, whose tactic was to park the bus, kick the shit out of anything and look to hit on the break.

When it came to having to play on the front foot, Coleman didn't really have any idea how to do so - if he did, he didn't communicate it to the players particularly well.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    That style relies purely on counter attacking.

That's great but does **** all when facing Ireland, whose tactic was to park the bus, kick the shit out of anything and look to hit on the break.

When it came to having to play on the front foot, Coleman didn't really have any idea how to do so - if he did, he didn't communicate it to the players particularly well.
    I agree that system was unlikey to work against Ireland unless Bale was playing. I think the big mistake Coleman made in that game was to bring on Jonny Williams rather than Dave Edwards, which would have allowed Rambo to play further forward.

My point was more genrally that, given the success that system and team has had, and how weak our squad is, he was never going to scrap it and change personal at the first sign on problems.

I agree that system was unlikey to work against Ireland unless Bale was playing. I think the big mistake Coleman made in that game was to bring on Jonny Williams rather than Dave Edwards, which would have allowed Rambo to play further forward.

My point was more genrally that, given the success that system and team has had, and how weak our squad is, he was never going to scrap it and change personal at the first sign on problems.
    It's not a case of scrapping it per se, it's a case that you need to have more than one system, players need to know and be familiar with them. We've changed things for different games, for example. Coleman seems unable to do so.

I'm not saying drop everyone and start playing like Barcelona but he has his favourites and when certain players don't play well he won't drop any of them. As the manager I would expect him to have had a couple of more different styles of dependent on how the game was going but he had no idea against Ireland and if he picks Neil Taylor again he deserves sacking

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Too right brother ' time for Rush and Hughes to go