+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lest we forget

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lest we forget

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    My Wife's father was a veteran of, and survived the D Day landings (Leicestershire Yeomanry) we had a few chats of this late at night at their house in Hinckley when all others had gone to bed, the wife, never brought the subject up, it's something that Julie regrets that she never talked to her father about his time in the army, he would talk about it, but only if asked. We have his medals and other artifacts from the beach landings in Normandy.
    Another hero , my uncle is buried in Shrewsbury and my grandfather's military medal is at the town's museum

The d day landings must have been so traumatic

Just think , if Hitler hadn't been such a lunatic and left Russia alone , he might have conquered Europe

As it was he took on Stalin , another psychopath , on the eastern front and gradually he was penned in from both sides

Re: Lest we forget

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Another hero , my uncle is buried in Shrewsbury and my grandfather's military medal is at the town's museum

The d day landings must have been so traumatic

Just think , if Hitler hadn't been such a lunatic and left Russia alone , he might have conquered Europe

As it was he took on Stalin , another psychopath , on the eastern front and gradually he was penned in from both sides
    My mums great grandfather died at the battle of loos with Lord Ninian Edward Crichton-Stuart, my father's grandfather died at sea sunk by 'U' boat.