+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lest we forget

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lest we forget

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Agree with the sentiments Sludge but don't you find the whole Rememberance thing now being turned into an exercise for patriotism promoted by jingoistic arses?

I've traditionally worn a poppy but haven't this year (I've still chucked money in the box) due to it losing its original meaning.

Perhaps it's just me?
    Organisations like Britain first have tried to hijack the parade for political means , helped of course by tabloids like the sun

Millions of ordinary German and Russian soldiers died in the second world war too , they should be remembered too

The fact that there were many polish pilots flying spitfires during the battle of Britain tells me remembrance Sunday is for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Organisations like Britain first have tried to hijack the parade for political means , helped of course by tabloids like the sun

Millions of ordinary German and Russian soldiers died in the second world war too , they should be remembered too

The fact that there were many polish pilots flying spitfires during the battle of Britain tells me remembrance Sunday is for everyone
    and the 200,000 Irishmen who volunteered during the first world war, both protestant and catholic, despite the fact that Ireland was on the verge of civil war because of British occupation, 30,000 of them were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nigel_Far...02241810448384

He spoke at a far right rally in September the cuunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Nigel_Far...02241810448384

He spoke at a far right rally in September the cuunt.
    Knows a few Hitler Youth tunes, too.