+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cheats are out

The cheats are out

Justice is seen to be done.
    Spoiling football for away fans is unforgivable.

Re: The cheats are out

Good

delicious.

Ive seen better football from my local pub team

I spare a thought for the ordinary good people of Ireland who do what all of us do - optimistically and enthusiastically support their country, but Martin O'Neil? ..

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    I spare a thought for the ordinary good people of Ireland who do what all of us do - optimistically and enthusiastically support their country, but Martin O'Neil? ..
    Most of them defend thugball. No sympathy whatsoever.

They respond to the elbows against Williams and Allen in the first game with "Taylor's tackle"... completely missing the point that a bad tackle is a bad tackle, an elbow is premeditated assault...

I am delighted the FAI have gotten their comeuppance tonight.

Great result.....love seeing the Irish lose

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

They respond to the elbows against Williams and Allen in the first game with "Taylor's tackle"... completely missing the point that a bad tackle is a bad tackle, an elbow is premeditated assault...
    Maybe, but still, likely "they" are no different to how the fans of any country/team tend to view things.

But anyway ..I'll not lose sleep ;)

Didn't watch the game.... but now I want to

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Didn't watch the game.... but now I want to
    I did, it was frigging brill

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Justice is seen to be done.
    Spoiling football for away fans is unforgivable.

The most i glean from the result is, we must have been poor and not deserving of progressing if we couldn't be that shower of shite over two games, glad they are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    The most i glean from the result is, we must have been poor and not deserving of progressing if we couldn't be that shower of shite over two games, glad they are out.
    Yep and they had a major injury crisis when we played them in Dublin and we still couldn’t win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep and they had a major injury crisis when we played them in Dublin and we still couldn’t win.
    Wales can have no complaints about missing out on the play-offs. Likewise, the Irish can have no complaints about their humiliation this evening - nor the lack of support they are getting from many in this country.

Feckin hell Niall Quinn even mentioned the loss of Robbie Keane. Hes about 40 isnt he.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Wales can have no complaints about missing out on the play-offs. Likewise, the Irish can have no complaints about their humiliation this evening - nor the lack of support they are getting from many in this country.
    Agreed. We messed up. We are unlikely to have such a decent qualifying group again. Serbia were bang average and Ireland God awful. Austria looked decent but flattered to deceive.

Good

Agreed. We messed up. We are unlikely to have such a decent qualifying group again. Serbia were bang average and Ireland God awful. Austria looked decent but flattered to deceive.
    The thing about the group was that everyone could beat everyone, practically every match until the last round involved a team that could still qualify.

I really don't get the animosity towards Ireland. Why? Because they didn't roll over and let us win?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I really don't get the animosity towards Ireland. Why? Because they didn't roll over and let us win?
    Because it was the most atrocious win imaginable. It was all hoofing it back and slicing clearances in to the crowd, they couldn't string 2 passes together and forgot that it wasn't a game of Gaelic football. If a team beats us (as most do) fairly and with decent football with gifted/organised technical players then I don't think anyone would begrudge them.

But that Irish side and performance were disgraceful and thankfully they were found out. Football was definitely the winner last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Because it was the most atrocious win imaginable. It was all hoofing it back and slicing clearances in to the crowd, they couldn't string 2 passes together and forgot that it wasn't a game of Gaelic football. If a team beats us (as most do) fairly and with decent football with gifted/organised technical players then I don't think anyone would begrudge them.

But that Irish side and performance were disgraceful and thankfully they were found out. Football was definitely the winner last night!
    And we still couldn't beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Taylor's tackle was a shocker though and he was recently red carded playing for Villa after another one. Taylor's displays since the Euros in a red shirt are a microcosm of the decline in some Welsh players in the last year and a half. Someone mentioned him, Ledley and King as examples of players who are not as effective in a Welsh shirt as they once were on my blog and, as it turned out, they were the three players I had in mind when I talked about how some of our players were not that old in years, but were well into the veteran stage in terms of the international football mileage they'd clocked up.

Throw in that decline with how average, by their standards, Bale and Ramsey were for too much of the qualifying campaign and we have Wales being nowhere near as good as they were in the Euros in a group which I thought was tougher than some in this thread portray it as being.

Before the Play Offs began, I spoke of the teams from both Northern and Southern Ireland being boring and how I hoped they'd both lose, but I ended up supporting Northern Ireland against Switzerland because in the second leg they played with a spirit, resilience and skill that Wales have lacked in the past year and a half - I don't think we could have dominated the Swiss on their own patch like the very impressive Michael O'Neill's side did in the last half an hour on Sunday.

As for the Republic, apparently Martin O'Neill bristled at suggestions that his luck had finally run out after their thrashing (a result that I certainly did not see coming) against Denmark, but I believe that to be true - the Republic are pretty good when they have something to defend normally, which is why I thought they had done the hard part when they were able to take an early lead last night. However, Denmark really laid their limitations bare in the same manner as the Republic did to us when they came here needing to win and managed it fairly comfortably - Ireland's embarrassing failure really puts where we stand currently into perspective.

Bale hasn’t played that well since the euro quailifying, Ramsey was patchy and so was Allen who we desperately needed in the 2 nd leg. Our 3 talisman need to be on it and they were not.

Agreed. With those three back and fit, Davies etc plus the new youngsters, AND given a licence to play attacking football, then we will do well, through this weird UEFA league thingy.

I'm just not sure Coleman can take us any further but I also fear who else the FAW might be looking at...

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Agreed. With those three back and fit, Davies etc plus the new youngsters, AND given a licence to play attacking football, then we will do well, through this weird UEFA league thingy.

I'm just not sure Coleman can take us any further but I also fear who else the FAW might be looking at...
    Giggs? FAW must already have his number keyed in to the phone and just waiting to press call.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Giggs? FAW must already have his number keyed in to the phone and just waiting to press call.
    Giggs
    there is a problem with that Bob
    That Manc twaat wouldn't turn up half the time