+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City are set to sign Venezuela international Rolf Feltscher - CONFIRMED

City are set to sign Venezuela international Rolf Feltscher - CONFIRMED

The 27 year-old defender is expected to choose a move to Wales over a move to LA Galaxy. Cardiff boss Neil Warnock has been watching him for a while and looks finally able to strike a deal.

Feltscher has been a free agent since leaving Spanish side Getafe in the summer. He was on trail with Birmingham City and was set to join them but a deal never went through after Harry Redknapp was sacked.

Feltsher was born in Switzerland and represented them at U19 and U21 level but switched his allegiance to Venezuela in 2011. He has made sixteen caps for the South American side.

The 5ft 11inc defender started his career with Swiss giants Grasshopper and made his debut at the age of just 16. He signed his first professional contract in 2007 and spent three seasons in Switzerland before joining Italian side Parma in 2010. He found games hard to come by in Parma and had loans spells at Padova and Grosseto.

He was allowed to leave Parma in 2013 to go back to Switzerland with FC Lausanne-Sport. He spent one season there before moving to German outfit MSV Duisburg. He impressed with Duisburg and was rewarded with a move to Getafe in the summer of 2016, but only made 9 appearances for them and was loaned out to Real Zaragoza last season before being released.

Feltscher has played in Switzerland, Italy, Germany and Italy and looks set to join the Championship with Cardiff City.

http://the72.co.uk/93607/cradiff-cit...international/

Re: City are set to sign Venezuela international Rolf Feltscher

It would be a strange signing given what Warnock said 2 weeks ago and the number of good CBs in the club.

Not clear if this is a lazy retread of an old story or if The Sun has heard something genuine?

That’s a very unfortunate surname.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It would be a strange signing given what Warnock said 2 weeks ago and the number of good CBs in the club.

Not clear if this is a lazy retread of an old story or if The Sun has heard something genuine?
    Not sure that the Scottish Partick Thistle supporting Nixon has great contacts at Cardiff tbh. No doubt read the Wales Online article and made shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I didn't want to be the first to mention it.. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    I didn't want to be the first to mention it.. :O
    I was going to say his name really sucks ass but I thought better of it.

As much as it pains me to credit anyone at the Sun, Alan Nixon is pretty reliable. His twitter account, @reluctantnicko is a decent source for FL transfer news. I'd be shocked if this was true though, unless Connolly's injury is worse than we've been told.

He won't be in the first team. Sloppy seconds I reckon.

He actually looks a big lump but is described in this report as a powerful 5'1" defender!
    http://amedpost.com/cardiff-agree-de...rom-la-galaxy/

A guy who has a good season, gets a move then gets lazy.

Think he us left back cover.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Think he us left back cover.
    Maybe someone is off , did you recommend based on , one of your favoured south american political regimes

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He won't be in the first team. Sloppy seconds I reckon.
    Third party, fire & theft😂😂😂

I have just watched the pre-match interview with Warnock on iFollow - the one they do a day before the pre-match press conference.

From the Q&A with Amy McNiven it sounds as if the club have already signed Rolf Feltscher.

Warnock hinted at a number of injuries and implied that Feltscher might even be in the squad on Saturday!

Edit: just seen news item pop up on the club site:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-cardiff-city/

Cardiff City FC is pleased to confirm the signing of Rolf Feltscher on a short-term deal, subject to international clearance.

The 27-year old Venezuela international has initially signed a contract at Cardiff City Stadium until January 13th 2018. He will wear the No.29 shirt.

On arrival at our training ground, the Vale Resort, Rolf spoke to iFollow Cardiff City, saying: “I’m really happy to be here.

“It’s important that I work with the manager to understand what he wants but I’m ready.”

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock added: “I’m pleased to get Rolf on board.

“He’s been training with us for a few weeks and we wanted to see him in a couple of games but he’s done well and offers us some good cover and competition at the back.”

Welcome Rolf.

Not a brilliant christan name these days either to be fair.

Harris would be worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Harris would be worse...
    Two little boys got off one of his assault charges on appeal today so it must be Rolf Didn't Feltscher now.

12 others remain however.

Re: City are set to sign Venezuela international Rolf Feltscher - CONFIRMED

I have just watched the pre-match interview with Warnock on iFollow - the one they do a day before the pre-match press conference.

From the Q&A with Amy McNiven it sounds as if the club have already signed Rolf Feltscher.

Warnock hinted at a number of injuries and implied that Feltscher might even be in the squad on Saturday!

Edit: just seen news item pop up on the club site:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-cardiff-city/

Cardiff City FC is pleased to confirm the signing of Rolf Feltscher on a short-term deal, subject to international clearance.

The 27-year old Venezuela international has initially signed a contract at Cardiff City Stadium until January 13th 2018. He will wear the No.29 shirt.

On arrival at our training ground, the Vale Resort, Rolf spoke to iFollow Cardiff City, saying: “I’m really happy to be here.

“It’s important that I work with the manager to understand what he wants but I’m ready.”

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock added: “I’m pleased to get Rolf on board.

“He’s been training with us for a few weeks and we wanted to see him in a couple of games but he’s done well and offers us some good cover and competition at the back.”

Welcome Rolf.
    I'm hoping he's just been brought in as left back cover. I had hoped that Richards and Harris apart we would have a clean bill of health.

Perhaps it was coded " good CB's v "better CB'.

Warnock is a clever old owl , he maybe protecting himself , if maybe aware of someone leaving like Connolly wanting to go , big bid in for Manga /Morrison we could not turn down .

This lad maybe be a good full back cover or defensive midfielder ,bring them all in I say .

If Bamba got sent off and Manga was injured or away on int duty , that center back pool doesn't look that strong to me and lacks a enough good ball carriers or pace.

Glad that the club are sanctioning new first team squad signings.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Glad that the club are sanctioning new first team squad signings.
    Club hierarchy I mean. Sho

Shows willing. Can't type on this tablet. My fingers feck it up almost wry time.

Interview with Feltscher up on iFollow.

Interesting comments from Warnock on Feltscher this morning:

"He’s only here for seven weeks, I said I’d have a look at him. The lad and the agent wanted a couple of years which I wasn’t prepared to do, but he came back and said he’ll let us have a look at him for seven weeks at a time when we’ve got a few out. He plays anywhere across the back, quite an attacking player, little bit rash at times, but it would be good to look at him. He played behind closed doors on Monday and we’re going to try and fix up a few more games in the next few weeks. He’s full of energy. He’s cover for an area where we have injuries.

"He’s full of energy. He’s cover for an area where we have injuries. Harry told me about him but we had six full backs at that stage so it didn’t warrant it. He came for a few days and we liked what we saw.
    We have no plans to sign him permanently at the moment, and he knows that, so it’s up to him to put his case forward.."