+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UK government tensions rise after leak of Johnson-Gove letter to May

UK government tensions rise after leak of Johnson-Gove letter to May

I thought Boris & Gove were enemies? Or was the backstabbing incident all a show?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...prime-minister

Re: UK government tensions rise after leak of Johnson-Gove letter to May

A political story from the Guardian will be as balanced as a health report from the Daily Express

If it makes the bbc politics page - then I usually tend to take note of it. Lots of smoke , mirrors and more smoke here

Gove though... and to think someone wants to share a bed with him

Pair of *****

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    A political story from the Guardian will be as balanced as a health report from the Daily Express

If it makes the bbc politics page - then I usually tend to take note of it. Lots of smoke , mirrors and more smoke here

Rubbish the guardian urged people to vote liberal in 2010 and helped prop up the Tories

I still read the paper but a lot of people won't forget

I am waiting for an intelligent version of the morning star

The leaked letter was actually disclosed by the right leaning Mail on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The leaked letter was actually disclosed by the right leaning Mail on Sunday.
    Im not doubting that for a moment, there more agendas at the daily mail than there are on a rugby club AGM.

Whether it was leaked by them or a source within parliament who is working for the 'other side' would be interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Rubbish the guardian urged people to vote liberal in 2010 and helped prop up the Tories

I still read the paper but a lot of people won't forget

I am waiting for an intelligent version of the morning star
    Where can you get the Morning star?

I've wanted to try it, I've had leaflets with magazines but I'm sure that was delivery by post. I can't be bothered for that

If Gove stabbed Boris in the back to enable May to become PM, surely you would have to wonder what they are all up too?

I think we all know what they 'all' are. Well, mostly.
    Gove and Johnson more than most.
    We, Britain, have rarely been so very poorly represented.
    It would matter less, perhaps be quite funny, if it were not for the fact that something if the very greatest magnitude is bearing down, fast.

Cross Party Brexit Working group needed - now.

Cross Party Brexit Working group needed - now. - that's the funniest thing you have said all day.
    There is a Labour party who all MPs bar Corbyn , Skinner, Kate Hoey and a few others are Remainers, (Skinner, Hoey and Corbyn are outers). Labour MPs represent constituents who have been badly let down by their Labour MPs , so much so - nearly all Labour constituencies voted to Leave - in direct opposition to their Labour MPs.

Leaving the EU means leaving the single market - EU rules. You cant be a little bit in - if IN you have to accept the free movement of goods and people - something the UK decided against.

Here is a quick question though - what is Labours position on the Brexit 'deal' , do they want to be in single market ?, do they want to be in the EFA ? , do they have their own idea of what they want - but haven't told us ? or are they just sticking to line of "we want the best deal".

Negotiations in my experience are best kept private and not negotiated in public press conferences.

The only sticking point will be the passport for financial services - seeing as that makes up most of out exports to the EU and services arent covered WTO free trade rules. But there is no point us discussing this as - we know this, so does Davis and so does Barnier, as well as Kier Staman and Lady Nugee. Best leave em get on with it.

Not sure what the shock is on this issue Gove and Boris were clearly on the same side with regards Brexit ,we also now there views now and rightly we dont want to be stiffed by European anti UK negations and it may have rightly forced this to take place """"""UK Parliament will get vote on final Brexit deal before the country leaves EU, minister David Davis tells MPs

Think they are just doing there job challenging the norm and ensuring the 51.9% (17,410,742) are represented fairly
    politics is supposed to be democratic in and out of the commons and parties.

I cant wait to see / hear or view the actions the opposition or remain MP's take , now they have the vote on Brexit ,will they delay the result , will they fudge or sit on the fence and remain quiet .

This could cause political casualty , in areas where they voted out , one of May'as better decision as it will flush out those on the fence or not representing their constituencies wishes on Brexit , such fun.

I tend to not believe any of it at the moment, as I'm sure it is all a game of plots and sub plots re leaks, then using that as a positioning tool against Barnier (or more importantly Merkel and Macron) as everyone else is a just a bit part player.

What I do find slightly amusing is that the opposition seem to have no position at all - not a criticism, as the position seems pretty fluent and changeable so it's quiet hard to have an official position other than the cr@p they come out with re the best possible deal with access to the single market etc.

This Yes Prime Minster is real time

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Where can you get the Morning star?

I've wanted to try it, I've had leaflets with magazines but I'm sure that was delivery by post. I can't be bothered for that
    Favourite feature in the Morning Star: Pick of The Week

Lol Ninianclark does it again. A thread about Johnson and Gove writing a letter becomes today's home for his regurgitated critique of the Labour party.

Brexit: the issue where the Tories made a massive issue of something effecting is all for the sake of an internal grubby struggle

Cross Party Brexit Working group needed - now. - that's the funniest thing you have said all day.
    Really?
    Watching the news will soon stop your mirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Really?
    Watching the news will soon stop your mirth.
    Yes Really , Vimto me old china.

You see the almost hilarious issue being this - Labour MPs want a position that is in direct opposition to most of their electorate (apart from the London area). And at every opportunity want to scupper the parliamentary process.

In contrast to that I think you have many or at least a large minority of Conservative MPs who find themselves in the opposite direction. May was a remainer, Corbyn a secret leaver - although not very secretive.

All Davis is doing is trying to get the best / most out of the EU for as little in return. You dont need Lady Nugee or Staman to help on that one, as we still dont know what difference of opinion they have - they dont seem to want to tell us - dont blame them though - it's a moving landscape. Add into that Tweedle's Dee and Dumb aka Gove / Borris and there is enough on the plate already thanks.

Should never have asked the question in the first place, the status quo option was not on the ballot paper, the control of the movement of people was not an option either. Which we could keep the economics and ditch the politics of the EU and it seems every country would be happy - we just trade.

I should say my point actually to the above.

A pretty disgusting question to even ask local residents.

Are they hoping they all say O?.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Brexit: the issue where the Tories made a massive issue of something effecting is all for the sake of an internal grubby struggle
    think you might fine 17 million people disagreeing with that viewpoint and the rise of UKIP