Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
Chelsea buy up and loan out loads of talented youngsters , sure very few of them ultimately play for the Chelsea first team, but enough of them end up playing at a very high level for them to be doing something right.
I'm sure that none of the kids at man city expect to be rushing into the first team, possibly at all, but that doesn't mean it is a bad move for their career
It depends if it's good for them. Look at Loftus-Cheek, he's wasted the last 3 years of his life until this season. Man City could play a youngster or buy someone for 50m for no risk. If I'm a manager at a big club who knows I'll get sacked if I don't win something, I know what I'd do. Man City and Chelsea can buy all the young players they want but they're really there to make them money. It's a business decision that's completely separate from the first team. If one happens to be absolutely incredible, they'll loan him out or sell him with a buy back option. Ampadu is getting a go (thank God) because for some reason, Emenalo decided to loan out or sell most of the squad players at Chelsea.