Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
Well I have been in the brand new unit in llandough as a patient and my experience is that the mental health services in Bridgend were far better , I am in a support group and many are not impressed with the new unit

Have you been admitted ?

By crash team you mean the crisis team

Addiction and self medication is a very complex issue , but that's beside the point , people with mental health problems are amongst the poorest and most excluded in society , whichever way you want to look at it
There are fewer beds in llandough than whitchurch had

The staff in the new unit are overworked and vary in their attitude towards those with mental health problems , the initial assessment team were ok but once you are transferred to a ward it's a different matter , some of the nurses were kind and caring , others sat there and ignored people in distress

The unit may be newly built but it certainly has many faults ......

How do you know it certainly meets the needs of people in the local area ?

What facts do you base this on ?........I don't mean a few stories about so and so

The patient advocacy service was dealing with several complaints when I was in there

The crisis team has to cover Cardiff, penarth , Barry , llantwit major, cowbridge and the rural vale reaching right up to Bridgend ......it's the role of the crisis team to prevent people going into hospital in the first place , I know of a young woman of 19 who was seriously ill and needed to be in hospital yet had to wait 24 hours for the crisis team to get back to her

What are you basing your comments .......the new unit certainly meets the needs of people in the area ......on ?

The evidence from service users , voluntary sector organisations and mental health advocates is not in line with your statement