Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
Lets stop discussing he says /she says re politics and talk reality

So we have someone who is on drugs/alcoholic, who is homeless, has no money, no job and needs to get off their habit.

The response is we need to build them a house, pay their rent for them , fit out the house with white goods etc then when we have done that - we need to get them off drugs, stop them drinking, get them trained up and then try and find them a job.

Have I missed anything ? end to end any idea how much that costs when everything is taken into account?

The budget is set,so there is only so much to go round, what budget would you cut to get them housed,trained,educated, clean, and employed.

Unfortunately it seems politicians of all colours dont see this as a priority - a sad fact of life.
Maybe if councils, non Doms and large corps stop doing dodgy offshore deals there would be enough for everyone.
I wont hold my breath
What you've described as the answer is what is now commonly known as the 'Housing First' model. The theory and results show that the initial costs to providing housing and continued support will prevent individuals costing the public pot more in health, police and social care costs.