+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Since the Tories came in , rough sleepers on the streets has doubled

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback

Re: Since the Tories came in , rough sleepers on the streets has doubled

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Yeah its wrong at the expense of cuts to other payments but its a sound idea. In and off itself. I would suggest its all about priorities. Playing one against another is wrong but protecting old peoples incomes...result why not.
    Because it's not sustainable in the long run. You can't have pensions growing at a rate greater than the rate of GDP growth indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Because it's not sustainable in the long run. You can't have pensions growing at a rate greater than the rate of GDP growth indefinitely.
    Fair enough. I can see what you are saying. Personally I got no problem with old folks getting a few extra quid compared to some of the ways our economy stacks up. As you can read I am no expert. It will take a brave government to try and wrestle a consession from the older demographic. Maybe one that doesn't rely heavily on them for their core votes and has got a forward looking manifesto might manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Brave but foolish by May and opportunistic by Labour really but the Tory's have feasted off the old vote for so long that it is hard to blame anyone for an attempt to wrestle it off them.