+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Since the Tories came in , rough sleepers on the streets has doubled

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Since the Tories came in , rough sleepers on the streets has doubled

Shipping containers are the way forward for emergency housing

cheap to buy and convert, enough space for a single person / couple, not much they can wreck ( and i have worked on council housing and house association stock for many years, they smash them to bits and when the council / housing ass take them to court from the money end up saying they can afford 50p per week and they never pay it )

I know the popular cry will be ( it looks like a prison cell ) but its a warm place to sleep with a small kitchen, all self contained and they can come and go as they like

Infact, i will go as far as the shipping container idea will be the future for people starting on the housing ladder

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Shipping containers are the way forward for emergency housing

cheap to buy and convert, enough space for a single person / couple, not much they can wreck ( and i have worked on council housing and house association stock for many years, they smash them to bits and when the council / housing ass take them to court from the money end up saying they can afford 50p per week and they never pay it )

I know the popular cry will be ( it looks like a prison cell ) but its a warm place to sleep with a small kitchen, all self contained and they can come and go as they like

Infact, i will go as far as the shipping container idea will be the future for people starting on the housing ladder
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-28035388

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    i have been banging on about container living for 24 years, since i came back from Australia, i was involved in a Scuba diving club ( i was a PADI dive instructor ) , the club had just lost its rental house and was looking at other places, they owned 4 shipping containers on some land, i said they should look at converting them to " bunk rooms " ( i had seen a guy living in one up the coast )

My brothers company almost built a development for " temp housing " in Kent, it was only going to be 30 of them in total, in 3 blocks of 5, 2 units high, with a communal courtyard / garden, the council appeared keen, but when push came to shove, it was never going to happen