+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Since the Tories came in , rough sleepers on the streets has doubled

Re: Since the Tories came in , rough sleepers on the streets has doubled

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Goon news - The UK built more than 200,000 new homes for the first time since the financial crisis, with an increase in numbers every year since 2012.

http://www.cityam.com/275871/uk-buil...rst-time-since
    Better but not goon!

Way short of the Tories own annual housebuilding (including conversions) target - and the number of affordable new homes for sale or for rent is pathetic. Makes a nice headline but represents another year of failure!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8058091.html

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    The issue was the deficit was running at >10% of GDP, which is a course for bankruptcy in the long run.

typically when the deficit is less than inflation adjusted growth the rising payments on debt is more than offset by the rising tax base to cover it.

it is one school of thought. not every school of thought advocates it.

it is hard to suggest what could happened if a Keynesian model had been adopted. It may have worked, ut may not. it is all supposition.

it really is crass to suggest working people voting Tory are voting against their own best interests. you have no idea what is in the best interests of the 13.7m or so who voted Tory in this years election. People vote for a myriad of reasons and not everyone is obsessed with money in the way those on the left are.

They are not social democrats - Blair was a social democrat, so was Brown and Milliband. Corbyn and McDonnell are very much further left. McDonnell is on R4 quite a lot and you only have to listen to him to see he is not an advocate of social democracy.
    Blair was a fecking Tory pretending to be in the Labour party

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Could be any one of us one day. It's what I always tell my daughter too.
    Indeed , but these I am alright jack Tory types don't care .....they will be the first to run to the council for help though if they need help ..to which the council will say we can't help you , we had to sell a load of our fecking houses .....tough luck old chap

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes it is a fact , Jon works in housing management , he knows what he's talking about
    No longer Sludge, mate. I early retired a few years ago after 28 years in housing - but I still keep in touch and read the housing press.

I think TISS (Feedback - surely) was aiming at Pearcey' comment about the well-off getting tax cuts under the Tories. He seems to doubt that the Tories handed the rich £70bn in tax cuts through changes to corporation tax, inheritance tax, capital gains tax and the bank levy. He would, wouldn't he. Even the most pro-Tory commentators agree that is the headline - even if they quibble about some of the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    That's all you can do mate. Good stuff.
    And thank you for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Better but not goon!

Way short of the Tories own annual housebuilding (including conversions) target - and the number of affordable new homes for sale or for rent is pathetic. Makes a nice headline but represents another year of failure!

Humble apologies for the typographical error.

Feedback

Let's say there are 10000 council homes in a town

5000 of those , in the nice streets are sold off

The council now only has a stock of 5000 homes to provide for those in housing need , once these are passed onto the council

If you don't replace council housing that is sold like for like with new social housing , then a housing crisis develops

It really is very simple to understand , the institute of housing , housing policy experts , shelter and many other groups warned this was going to happen

What council's have left following right to buy is fewer housing to offer those in need and that which is left is often poor quality as the right to buy has been higher on the nice estates and lower on the rougher ones

The right to buy has created sink estates with poor quality housing and social problems

The need for social housing following right to buy is fecking enormous , waiting lists are massive , at an all time high for many councils

That's why so many have been forced into the badly managed private sector and the housing benefit bill has risen
    So the 5000 houses sold off, I take it they have occupants in them at the point of sale. Therefore there is no increase in the demand for social housing as you still have the same numbers requiring social housing pre and post disposal.

For each institution that disagrees with RTB is one that supports it. It's a matter of politics and not practicality.

Better but not goon!

The Tories are obsessed with people owning their own homes , many cannot afford to and would be happy to rent from the council for a roof over their heads

The push of the right to buy was not only very damaging , it was a political ploy to get previous labour voters to vote Tory , the same as privatisation

Many of those who fell for the trick are now regretting it

We have a serious housing problem and the Tories increasing the stock of private housing ......which they actually are not as it's below population forecasts .......is not going to solve the problem we face ......low cost , social housing ......council housing ......for those less fortunate than ourselves

Indeed , but these I am alright jack Tory types don't care .....they will be the first to run to the council for help though if they need help ..to which the council will say we can't help you , we had to sell a load of our fecking houses .....tough luck old chap
    Im fortunate to have a wide network of friends and family around me, id like to think that as long as I don't do anything silly then the help would be there.

Can't go too much into it, but years ago my friend had to go live elsewhere and ended up running back to our area, he had spells in some of our houses from time to time, he would come round mine for a bath and food when the parents were out, or a load of us would camp out together so he wasn't on his own. Hard to explain to a parent "don't tell anyone he's here" so it wasn't like we had the option of a roof to offer..

Loads aren't so lucky, some don't have family, others have one but something horrible has happened, some may have one but due to a mental illness not feel they can ask for help (if that makes sense, it does as I type it but may not to read it)

So the 5000 houses sold off, I take it they have occupants in them at the point of sale. Therefore there is no increase in the demand for social housing as you still have the same numbers requiring social housing pre and post disposal.

For each institution that disagrees with RTB is one that supports it. It's a matter of politics and not practicality.
    No , we have increasing demand , due to an increasing population , on the houses that remain following the sell off

As for those who support the right to buy let's have a list of the organisations that do and let's see if they have the good of the country and its housing at heart or are capitalists obsessed with us having a property owning population

No longer Sludge, mate. I early retired a few years ago after 28 years in housing - but I still keep in touch and read the housing press.

I think TISS (Feedback - surely) was aiming at Pearcey' comment about the well-off getting tax cuts under the Tories. He seems to doubt that the Tories handed the rich £70bn in tax cuts through changes to corporation tax, inheritance tax, capital gains tax and the bank levy. He would, wouldn't he. Even the most pro-Tory commentators agree that is the headline - even if they quibble about some of the fine print.
    You have to keep at them Jon , they just won't have it

Feedback

Except it's not evidenced in fact. You only have to look at what taxes have been collected pre and post 2010 to see more taxes are collected now that ever before. For each cut in the headline rate is a corresponding removal of a relief or an allowance. The devil is in the detail and I would suggest you read the various finance acts since 2010 to understand how this government has partaken in legerdemain not seen previously.

It is easy to fool the public by dropping the rate of tax, but if you remove various reliefs associated with It, you end up collecting more revenue than before.

Im fortunate to have a wide network of friends and family around me, id like to think that as long as I don't do anything silly then the help would be there.

Can't go too much into it, but years ago my friend had to go live elsewhere and ended up running back to our area, he had spells in some of our houses from time to time, he would come round mine for a bath and food when the parents were out, or a load of us would camp out together so he wasn't on his own. Hard to explain to a parent "don't tell anyone he's here" so it wasn't like we had the option of a roof to offer..

Loads aren't so lucky, some don't have family, others have one but something horrible has happened, some may have one but due to a mental illness not feel they can ask for help (if that makes sense, it does as I type it but may not to read it)
    It makes perfect sense mate , good on you for helping out your friend

Mental illness, family breakdown , domestic violence , loss of a job , the need for safe housing could happen to any of us at any time

Feedback

No , we have increasing demand , due to an increasing population , on the houses that remain following the sell off

As for those who support the right to buy let's have a list of the organisations that do and let's see if they have the good of the country and its housing at heart or are capitalists obsessed with us having a property owning population
    That increase in population would still happen whether the houses were sold off or not. And since the 5000 houses sold off are already occupied then they won't be available to any additional demand due to an increase in population. So the situation hasn't improved or worsened in either case.

Goon news - The UK built more than 200,000 new homes for the first time since the financial crisis, with an increase in numbers every year since 2012.

Lowest level of social housing being built since records began

Not good at all, and the Tories have had seven years to deal with it

That increase in population would still happen whether the houses were sold off or not. And since the 5000 houses sold off are already occupied then they won't be available to any additional demand due to an increase in population. So the situation hasn't improved or worsened in either case.
    This is feedback posting under another name , it's the same nonsense he used to come out with

The right to buy has led to a council that previously had 10000 properties in the cycle to be available to rent ......to now only having 5000

And those which are left are of lesser quality as all the nice ones have been sold

Hence a greater demand for fewer houses , of poorer quality

What part of this don't you understand

Why do you think almost all the council houses in cowbridge have been sold and very few on the colcot estate in Barry have been bought ?

It makes perfect sense mate , good on you for helping out your friend

Mental illness, family breakdown , domestic violence , loss of a job , the need for safe housing could happen to any of us at any time
    Sad but true mate. Haunts me at times that we can't help the people that need our help...
    Moved lightyears forward in medicine and technology, and our biggest issue is charity..well not lack of it as there are plenty that try...but we still struggle to help people in need. Kills me.

Sad but true mate. Haunts me at times that we can't help the people that need our help...
    Moved lightyears forward in medicine and technology, and our biggest issue is charity..well not lack of it as there are plenty that try...but we still struggle to help people in need. Kills me.
    You can only do your best mate

We are living in an age of me me me , it will either go on till everything falls apart or we as a country come to our senses

Have a good evening

And thank you for the advice
    That's ok mate. It really is nothing. The fact that you would take an interest in this guy is everything. Looking something up for him and passing it on is just better again. Good on ya. Whatever he does thereafter you have been a solid citizen. Class mate.

Is this a joke ?
    Corbyn’s influences, are more Benn and marxist driven Ralph Miliband, he has been hugely critical of Labour’ s social history over the decades, and a huge chuck of that was based on a Social democratic platform , not perfect but with a social democracy objective.

I think the latest social democracy "badge" is an attempt to re brand and water down his stronger and real left views , as he and others of his current party need the votes from the middle ground,as its always been the political battle ground ,and they know that .

Its a pity he didn't show some of the alleged social democracy toward a real decent man in Hilary Benn , and applying the whip in the commons , I wonder what dad would think

This is feedback posting under another name , it's the same nonsense he used to come out with

The right to buy has led to a council that previously had 10000 properties in the cycle to be available to rent ......to now only having 5000

And those which are left are of lesser quality as all the nice ones have been sold

Hence a greater demand for fewer houses , of poorer quality

What part of this don't you understand

Why do you think almost all the council houses in cowbridge have been sold and very few on the colcot estate in Barry have been bought ?
    We had a monster thread a few years ago on the Right To Buy and how it reduced access to housing for the worst off and crippled Council housing budgets whilst giving a huge subsidy to the best off tenants. Feedback was all over it and we must have covered every myth and fact possible. This one is just like Groundhog Day.

You can only do your best mate

We are living in an age of me me me , it will either go on till everything falls apart or we as a country come to our senses

Have a good evening
    You too fella.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    That's ok mate. It really is nothing. The fact that you would take an interest in this guy is everything. Looking something up for him and passing it on is just better again. Good on ya. Whatever he does thereafter you have been a solid citizen. Class mate.
    I'll be sure to update you!

We had a monster thread a few years ago on the Right To Buy and how it reduced access to housing for the worst off and crippled Council housing budgets whilst giving a huge subsidy to the best off tenants. Feedback was all over it and we must have covered every myth and fact possible. This one is just like Groundhog Day.
    Do you reckon the one in another 3 years time will be the same?

We don’t need social housing anymore, the Tories will just continue with their murdering spree.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/he...-a8057306.html