+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Since the Tories came in , rough sleepers on the streets has doubled

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Since the Tories came in , rough sleepers on the streets has doubled

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    interesting fact on R4's Today programme this am. More council houses were built in the last year of Thatcher's reign than during the whole tenure of the last Labour government.
    Governments are never how they like to portray themselves.

The only fact that really matters is that the average house price is something like 10x the average wage. Where I live it is probably closer to 20x. Whatever has happened in the last 35 years, whether by design or accident, has not worked.

Feedback

Remove the green belt. That's the biggest obstacle in the way.

It will never happen of course.

Then there are those empty nesters living in perfectly decent family homes until the snuff it. Far too many homes of this nature stymie the housing market.

We have plenty enough bedrooms in the UK, they are just unoccupied

As previously mentioned in this thread - who benefits by not enough properties being built. Here's a recap: winners include homeowners, the value of whose homes have rocketed, then there's the government because flipping overpriced houses is good for the country's annual GDP number, and let's not forget the City of London boys who set policy from behind the curtain, they get lots more interest on the loans they create via their fractional lending scam.

Just follow the money.

Must say the cops have sorted the problem with beggars outside Cardiff Central station asking for 50p that they're short of for their rail fare. But they've migrated to St Mary and especially Queen Street. Not surprised to learn from the article only one's genuinely homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Must say the cops have sorted the problem with beggars outside Cardiff Central station asking for 50p that they're short of for their rail fare. But they've migrated to St Mary and especially Queen Street. Not surprised to learn from the article only one's genuinely homeless.
    I was back in Cardiff on Friday for the weekend to watch city
    and a lady copper moved a "homeless man" along on queen street who was begging
    by where the queens west place was
    I overheard her colleagues mention to each other he was wasn't homeless
    I stopped because said lady copper was kind of cute and had a cracking bum (so I pretended to tie my shoe lace)

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    I was back in Cardiff on Friday for the weekend to watch city
    and a lady copper moved a "homeless man" along on queen street who was begging
    by where the queens west place was
    I overheard her colleagues mention to each other he was wasn't homeless
    I stopped because said lady copper was kind of cute and had a cracking bum (so I pretended to tie my shoe lace)
    So, what are you trying to insinuate, that many apparent Homeless are scammers?

Perhaps you were too preoccupied with staring at the Police woman's ar$e to be sure of having assessed the situation reliably?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    So, what are you trying to insinuate, that many apparent Homeless are scammers?

Perhaps you were too preoccupied with staring at the Police woman's ar$e to be sure of having assessed the situation reliably?
    I once saw a homeless man begging for a few hours, and then he got picked up in a chauffeur driven Rolls Royce that was filled with supermodels drinking Dom Perignon vintage champagne. I swear it's true cos I saw it with my own eyes, honestly I did, I really did. Oh yeah, the fella was wearing a gold Rolex too.

The article says they prosecute persistent beggars, meaning they have become a right royal pain in the Aris before being placed before the magistrates, and therin's why they proliferate. A zero tolerance approach is the way to go, after all begging and vagrancy have been illegal since 1824. Everyone who's familiar with the problem all say the same - do not give them money.

The vast majority of homeless people would never consider begging.. 'There is no need for anyone to be homeless in Cardiff' statement clearly doesn't include people sleepimg on setees at mates houses, overcrowded stays with family Tec. It also doesnt include rough sleepers away from town center cause I know the outreach team to which she refers is called 'The city center team' and doesnt stray far from its title.

Tackle the issue of begging is fine as long as she don't rub her hands and think that's the end of that we have no homeless.I also know that a few bods from town who beg live in homeless hostels. Technically with a roof over their head but the clues in the name.