Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Since the Tories came in , rough sleepers on the streets has doubled

Re: Since the Tories came in , rough sleepers on the streets has doubled

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    He has all the hallmarks of Vimana.
    Sad Troll.
    Hello ..

By f*ck you are stupid.
    I know everyone says so, and so it is sometimes overlooked, but you really are utterly stupid and an idiot hypocrite.
    Just thought I'd remind you as you may well be too stupid to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I don't disagree with what you have written but you've not answered the question, which was how does changing legal title affect supply and demand? It doesnt.

You also ignore the cash inflow from selling stock which can be used to reinvest in public services elsewhere / pay off debt / so on.

Previously homeownership was the preserve of the rich, then the middle classes and then, due to this policy, the less well off. If this was a labour policy it would be lauded but since its a tory policy (and a thatcher one to boot), somehow aspiring to own your own home and policies to go with it is deemed wrong.

Getting to the crux of your complaint is not the sell off but the lack of building new stock. That's something that has affected all governments and isn't related to selling off stock at all, it's lack of investment and desire tomake things happen
    But what was the aim/point of it all?? For home ownership to be extended to the less well off for one generation? Because that is all that right to buy achieved. Now we are back to a situation where the majority can't really afford to buy only now there is less of a safety net.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    But what was the aim/point of it all?? For home ownership to be extended to the less well off for one generation? Because that is all that right to buy achieved. Now we are back to a situation where the majority can't really afford to buy only now there is less of a safety net.
    Those who own their own homes tend to leave them for the next generation.

We have a situation today where mote people than ever own their own home. The main issue seems to be the large price differential between 2 and 3 and 3 and 4 bedroom homes. This has caused stagnation in the housing Market

Banned

900,000 Polish people have found residence in the UK most came here with nothing.

We have a situation today where mote people than ever own their own home. The main issue seems to be the large price differential between 2 and 3 and 3 and 4 bedroom homes. This has caused stagnation in the housing Market
    Which is wonderful but they don't die until they are like 105, by then they are millionaires due to triple lock and their children aren't the poor anymore.

If they stuck a load of shipping containers where I live they wouldn't be for the homeless they would probably cost 175k each.

Which is wonderful but they don't die until they are like 105, by then they are millionaires due to triple lock and their children aren't the poor anymore.

If they stuck a load of shipping containers where I live they wouldn't be for the homeless they would probably cost 175k each.
    I thought 5he triple lock is what all the lefties demanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I thought 5he triple lock is what all the lefties demanded.
    I don't know did they?

I don't know did they?
    Pretty sure, yes.

https://labourlist.org/2017/05/corby...ioner-incomes/

What has this got to do with me?

What has this got to do with me?
    I was just responding to your posts. That’s what it’s got to do with you??!!

I was just responding to your posts. That’s what it’s got to do with you??!!
    Do you just roll the dice and click post or was it meant to mean something?

Do you just roll the dice and click post or was it meant to mean something?
    I’ll leave it there. You are quite obviously off on one.

Mate you are none too new and you definitely have got passive aggressive tendencies there. You could be a replicant shamed by your fellows to swap your skin/handle. Nothing wrong with the triple lock in and off itself.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Mate you are none too new and you definitely have got passive aggressive tendencies there. You could be a replicant shamed by your fellows to swap your skin/handle. Nothing wrong with the triple lock in and off itself.
    There is everything wrong with the triple lock. It means pensions will always rise by at least the growth on GDP, which in turn shifts the national wealth further from young to old.

By all means have growth in pensions, but do it so that wealth isn't transferred between generations.

Home ownership has fallen in England to its lowest level in over 30 years. Presumably there's been a similar decline nationwide.

Home ownership in England falls to 30-year low - https://www.ft.com/content/90fb85a8-...e-a5e3738f9ae4

There is everything wrong with the triple lock. It means pensions will always rise by at least the growth on GDP, which in turn shifts the national wealth further from young to old.

By all means have growth in pensions, but do it so that wealth isn't transferred between generations.
    Yeah its wrong at the expense of cuts to other payments but its a sound idea. In and off itself. I would suggest its all about priorities. Playing one against another is wrong but protecting old peoples incomes...result why not.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Yeah its wrong at the expense of cuts to other payments but its a sound idea. In and off itself. I would suggest its all about priorities. Playing one against another is wrong but protecting old peoples incomes...result why not.
    Because it's not sustainable in the long run. You can't have pensions growing at a rate greater than the rate of GDP growth indefinitely.

Because it's not sustainable in the long run. You can't have pensions growing at a rate greater than the rate of GDP growth indefinitely.
    Fair enough. I can see what you are saying. Personally I got no problem with old folks getting a few extra quid compared to some of the ways our economy stacks up. As you can read I am no expert. It will take a brave government to try and wrestle a consession from the older demographic. Maybe one that doesn't rely heavily on them for their core votes and has got a forward looking manifesto might manage it.

Isn't homelessness a serious political issue. There has always been homelessness, even in far left economies such as the USSR.

As long as man has lived in cities (starting with the sumerians) we have always had homelessness. It is a surprise that in a modern advanced economy that it exists but this isn't a new phenomenon and isn't unique to capitalist economies as some would have you believe.
    All true.
    Irrespective of Party Politics it really is more than a 'surprise' that it still exists on the scale that it does. It is a disgrace.
    Are we really becoming more civilised? or reverting to a more polarised, selfish society?

You have added so much to the discussion, you must need a rest.

Brave but foolish by May and opportunistic by Labour really but the Tory's have feasted off the old vote for so long that it is hard to blame anyone for an attempt to wrestle it off them.

900,000 Polish people have found residence in the UK most came here with nothing.
    Good for them. Just backs up the argument s for more housing though don't it.

I have no idea who you previously posted as on here but please give it a rest.

It’s too not to, as well.
    Not sure what you're getting at.

Got a reddit account with same username with 2 years worth of posts.

Dont be sad because I've worked you out in a few weeks.

Sad Troll.
    Sad troll? Says the constant negative guy.

I've got 2 years worth of post history on reddit with the same username mate. Hardly the work of a troll.

Sad Troll.
    You got all the hallmarks of a fake pound coin. Give the lad a break.