+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Italy Out of WC finals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Italy Out of WC finals

Shame

Well dun to the Swedes

Re: Italy Out of WC finals

That’s Wales and Italy out. Hopefully joined by the Paddies in 24 hours.

Suécia

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    That’s Wales and Italy out. Hopefully joined by the Paddies in 24 hours.
    The ever present Wales. Only our lot will miss us at the world cup.

We’re they missing players? That was a shockingly bad Italian side.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We’re they missing players? That was a shockingly bad Italian side.
    Belotti was out for Gabbiadini..they had who I thought was a RWB florenzi in CM..
    I'd probably throw Insigne into the team somewhere too. Other than that can't see a lot missing.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Belotti was out for Gabbiadini..they had who I thought was a RWB florenzi in CM..
    I'd probably throw Insigne into the team somewhere too. Other than that can't see a lot missing.
    Still won’t be the same without them. Not looking forward to this World Cup at all tbh.

Still won’t be the same without them. Not looking forward to this World Cup at all tbh.
    Same. I'd prefer to see Italy there, than Sweden. The only time I can remember an entertaining Swedish side was USA 94-Italy may not be everyone's cup of tea, because of their style of play, but when they do it well, they do it brilliantly.

This^^^
    The more good sides out, the better chance the shite sides have of advancing... need I elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    This^^^
    The more good sides out, the better chance the shite sides have of advancing... need I elaborate?
    Given that Sweden deserve to be there ahead of Italy, how can you suggest that gives a shite side more chance of advancing? Are you basing your good side/shite side on teams' historic performances?

I've not seen all the teams yet not paid much attention to who's got there so far.
    Not getting too excited about it in all honesty. Will soon change in the summer when the beers flowing and I want an afternoon of work I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Given that Sweden deserve to be there ahead of Italy, how can you suggest that gives a shite side more chance of advancing? Are you basing your good side/shite side on teams' historic performances?
    Italy have a knack of getting results in big tournaments. They also seem to get the "rub of the green".
    The context of my use of the word "shite" was with England in mind.
    With sides of the pedigree of Italy not making it, the lesser sides (e.g. England) have a better chance of progression.

It is a shame that Italy will not be at the finals and IMO the majority of people over the world would prefer to see top players on the world stage.

No doubt Sweden have qualified on merit and good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Italy have a knack of getting results in big tournaments. They also seem to get the "rub of the green".
    The context of my use of the word "shite" was with England in mind.
    With sides of the pedigree of Italy not making it, the lesser sides (e.g. England) have a better chance of progression.

It is a shame that Italy will not be at the finals and IMO the majority of people over the world would prefer to see top players on the world stage.

No doubt Sweden have qualified on merit and good luck to them.
    Italy obviously haven't got any top players, otherwise they would have qualified. Sweden are there on merit and deserve it. To qualify out of that group is a major achievement. Theres a lot of 'snobbery' about regarding the so called major teams like Italy who have no divine right to appear at the World Cup. The competition will be all the better for them not being there with their dull, boring, time wasting and diving type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Italy obviously haven't got any top players, otherwise they would have qualified. Sweden are there on merit and deserve it. To qualify out of that group is a major achievement. Theres a lot of 'snobbery' about regarding the so called major teams like Italy who have no divine right to appear at the World Cup. The competition will be all the better for them not being there with their dull, boring, time wasting and diving type of game.
    If Italy are so great, how come they have an Immobile striker? Christ, we had Kenwyne Jones...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I've not seen all the teams yet not paid much attention to who's got there so far.
    Not getting too excited about it in all honesty. Will soon change in the summer when the beers flowing and I want an afternoon of work I suppose...
    You must really love your job!

Feck em

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    You must really love your job!
    Well spotted. This bloody phone changes things right under my nose at times.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    If Italy are so great, how come they have an Immobile striker? Christ, we had Kenwyne Jones...
    Manz got jokez

I'll miss them at the finals, but it was nice seeing them knocked out.