+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City to sign Ciaron Brown?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City to sign Ciaron Brown?

Ciaron Brown played for our under-23s in the shambolic game against Hull earlier in the season, (Callum Paterson's comeback game, here's TOBW's report on it - http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/callum...23s-to-defeat/)

He had a tough night and I don't remember him playing again for us but it looks like we must've been keeping tabs on him if Jon1959's linked article is correct.

Re: Cardiff City to sign Ciaron Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Ciaron Brown played for our under-23s in the shambolic game against Hull earlier in the season, (Callum Paterson's comeback game, here's TOBW's report on it - http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/callum...23s-to-defeat/)

He had a tough night and I don't remember him playing again for us but it looks like we must've been keeping tabs on him if Jon1959's linked article is correct.
    Thanks for linking that, here are the comments I made specifically about Brown;-

"Brown was all at sea in the first half, but then, to be fair to him, so were his nine outfield team mates, most of whom had the supposed advantage of having played and trained together for the past few years."

"Wealdstone’s Ciaron Brown was given a trial by Sheffield Wednesday in July and last night he was one of three trialists in the City squad for the 2-1 defeat by Hull – the trialists City have used this season tend to get two games to make their case for a contract and so he may have another opportunity after a somewhat mixed time of it against Hull."

"Strangely, Ciaron Brown revealed an ability to bring the ball our from the back and pass it quite well when he was in a centreback pairing that wasn’t there when he was one of three at the back – he also looked more assured in his general defensive work when in a back four."

We did have a trialist on the bench in our next match, at Burnley, but I couldn't find anything to indicate it was Brown or that he got on the pitch.