+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Enjoyed that.

Enjoyed that.

Panama were poor but as friendlies go I thought it was pretty entertaining, decent atmosphere too.

I’m glad we had these two friendlies to get the Ireland game out of the system. To me it felt a bit like the beginning of new era tonight. I’m sure over the next year at least three or four of the young lads will become regular starters for Wales.
    I’d give Lawrence MOTM tonight, Ampadu made one or two errors but looked confident and comfortable with some excellent long balls from deep. Woodburns quality from set pieces was so much better than what Rambos been managing lately and him and Taylor linked up well. We’ve got a lot of pace in the team now, and if we stick to this system and the passing improves, then there is plenty to be positive about. I just hope the FAW sort out Coleman’s contract quickly.

Re: Enjoyed that.

Top man , glad someone turned up . I went to the Panama and the curry was awful tonight , apparently the keeper was the tandoori chef

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Panama were poor but as friendlies go I thought it was pretty entertaining, decent atmosphere too.

I’m glad we had these two friendlies to get the Ireland game out of the system. To me it felt a bit like the beginning of new era tonight. I’m sure over the next year at least three or four of the young lads will become regular starters for Wales.
    I’d give Lawrence MOTM tonight, Ampadu made one or two errors but looked confident and comfortable with some excellent long balls from deep. Woodburns quality from set pieces was so much better than what Rambos been managing lately and him and Taylor linked up well. We’ve got a lot of pace in the team now, and if we stick to this system and the passing improves, then there is plenty to be positive about. I just hope the FAW sort out Coleman’s contract quickly.

I was thinking the same about it feeling like a beginning of a new area Baz
    I was very impressed with the youngsters tonight
    they were fearless
    my m.o.m. was Ampadu there was a case for 2 or 3 others too
    lets hope the FAW sort out Cookies contract he will surely be in demand now

Lawrence was excellent tonight as were Brooks and Ampadu. Very impressed with those three, but let's be honest we should have beaten Panama there.

Vokes' penalty miss was unforgivable.

The question now must be, if Coleman stays, does he give the youngsters more game time, or does he go back to the old guard? It's a tricky question. Bale, Ramsey and Allen must surely start when fit. Brooks, Lawrence and Woodburn are all possibly vying for the same position. It's a nice dilemma to have!

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post

I was thinking the same about it feeling like a beginning of a new area Baz
    I was very impressed with the youngsters tonight
    they were fearless
    my m.o.m. was Ampadu there was a case for 2 or 3 others too
    lets hope the FAW sort out Cookies contract he will surely be in demand now
    At times it felt like a 5-a-side tonight, the young lads trying little flicks and back heels and so on, but they were also willing to get stuck in. We are so lucky to have these lot coming through at the right time. Futures looking bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    At times it felt like a 5-a-side tonight, the young lads trying little flicks and back heels and so on, but they were also willing to get stuck in. We are so lucky to have these lot coming through at the right time. Futures looking bright.
    It is.

Thought we had Panama on the back foot for the majority of the game

Very impressed with the youngsters

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The question now must be, if Coleman stays, does he give the youngsters more game time, or does he go back to the old guard? It's a tricky question. Bale, Ramsey and Allen must surely start when fit. Brooks, Lawrence and Woodburn are all possibly vying for the same position. It's a nice dilemma to have!
    Bale

Brooks/Lawrence Rambo Woodburn

Allen Ampadu

?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Bale

Brooks/Lawrence Rambo Woodburn

Allen Ampadu

?
    Lawrence is a shoe in for me now, he looks a different class to two season ago. Brooks over Woodburn on yesterday's showing. Ampadu looked like he's been playing the game for 20 years, he was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Lawrence is a shoe in for me now, he looks a different class to two season ago. Brooks over Woodburn on yesterday's showing. Ampadu looked like he's been playing the game for 20 years, he was fantastic.
    I missed the first half due to work, then had some drunk girl telling me her life problems stood right in my view for the majority of the second half so I gave up.
    I did manage to see Lawrence's goal, could put whoever is in form there and still have a decent sub.
    Have the option to move bale back and bring on vokes if they type of tactic is needed.

Formation offers good defensive cover and has plenty in attack.
    Won't rely on having wing backs pushing on either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Eric. I think you could play two of them For next Autumn I would like to see the following team

Ward
    Gunter
    Williams
    Chester
    Davies
    Ampadu
    Allen
    Ramsey
    Bale
    Lawrence/Brooks
    Woodburn

I would keep Ashley Williams in the side especially with so many youngsters included. so a flat back four,Ampadu in a defensive midfield role, Ramsey and Allen in central midfield with Bale on one wing and either Lawrence or Brooks on the other with Woodburn up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Eric. I think you could play two of them For next Autumn I would like to see the following team

Ward
    Gunter
    Williams
    Chester
    Davies
    Ampadu
    Allen
    Ramsey
    Bale
    Lawrence/Brooks
    Woodburn

I would keep Ashley Williams in the side especially with so many youngsters included. so a flat back four,Ampadu in a defensive midfield role, Ramsey and Allen in central midfield with Bale on one wing and either Lawrence or Brooks on the other with Woodburn up top.
    Williams is vital for the next couple of years to help the youngsters bed in

To be honest if he gains any height.....he's only just 17 .....ampadu could be a ball playing centre half , he's got tremendous potential , not just as a midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Williams is vital for the next couple of years to help the youngsters bed in

To be honest if he gains any height.....he's only just 17 .....ampadu could be a ball playing centre half , he's got tremendous potential , not just as a midfielder

He gotta get that anger out of his system though.

He made a rash challenge last night (getting booked) and he made a similar one playing for Chelskie last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

Ward
    Gunter
    Williams
    Chester
    Davies
    Ampadu
    Allen
    Ramsey
    Bale
    Lawrence/Brooks
    Woodburn

I think bale needs to be up Top, he's stronger, woodburn can get away with being less physical out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think bale needs to be up Top, he's stronger, woodburn can get away with being less physical out wide.
    You certainly could although I think Bale might have more influence in midfield

I personally see the role bale plays, even on the wing, as an attacker anyway.
    He's brilliant out wide, not even sure how he would do up top tbh, but looking at the options (and having a go at football manager ccmb mode) I'd liken to see how it played out.