+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gunnar back Saturday?

Gunnar back Saturday?

Got 10 mins tonight for Iceland v Qatar.

Re: Gunnar back Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Hope so... good news

Was about to do a thread earlier that I was happy he hadn't been used off the subs bench. Dodnt realise he had a few minutes.

Be good to see him back, also glad they didn't use him for too long.

Be very surprised if he starts after being out so long. Doubt that he 'll get back from Qatar till Thursday. Expect to see him on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Be very surprised if he starts after being out so long. Doubt that he 'll get back from Qatar till Thursday. Expect to see him on the bench.
    No doubt. But still good to have him there..big boost for the players around him to see him back and close to fitness.
    20 mins at the end might not hurt.

If he isn't I'd like to see Damour in the middle instead of either Ralls or Bryson. Not convinced by that partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    It would be great if Gunnars got 20 min on the weekend Baz
    ease him back in
    like others have pointed out id be surprised if he started
    superb news

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If he isn't I'd like to see Damour in the middle instead of either Ralls or Bryson. Not convinced by that partnership.
    Hear, hear!
    Although it would be Bryson I'd drop - not fussed on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Hear, hear!
    Although it would be Bryson I'd drop - not fussed on him.
    I haven't yet seen anything from him to suggest he's better than what we had, particularly thinking that large transfer fees had been touted.

I'm not sure what Damour has done wrong. Probably our best performances of the season have been Villa home, Wolves away and Leeds home, all of which he started. He also played 82 minutes against QPR and was heavily involved in the second half when we could have scored 3 or 4 (as it was we somehow failed to add to our tally). He was a casualty of the Preston defeat and has only started twice since. When he's been on the field we've scored 12 goals, compared with 9 when he's not played. He's managed 617 minutes for us this season so we've seen a goal every 51 minutes when he's played, compared with 9 goals in the 823 minutes when he's not played, which is an average of a goal every 91 minutes. I'm obviously wary of such a loaded stat, but I have no doubts that we've looked sharper in attack when Damour has played.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agree there. Nothing wrong with either individual, put as a pair they are lacking.

We need a midfield hard man , every side does

It used to be Willie Boland

Now it's Gunnar

But I doubt he's going to be used much this Saturday , it's a long season and Warnock will hopefully use a midfield combo with what he has

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We need a midfield hard man , every side does

It used to be Willie Boland

Now it's Gunnar

But I doubt he's going to be used much this Saturday , it's a long season and Warnock will hopefully use a midfield combo with what he has

Ya, totally agree, remember when it used to be Nathan Wigg

Its nice we have so much choice , I have no proof ,however I have always suspected that some loan deals carry " he must play a % of games if fit " I always remember that awful gangling lad with giraffe legs from Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ya, totally agree, remember when it used to be Nathan Wigg
    Wiggy wiggy wiggy wiggy wiggeo !