what was the attendance ?

cia

Re: Wales v Panama attendance

13500 odd

As expected but pretty shit really.

ta

£10/£5 tickets would have doubled that......and kept the big crowd momentum going.....

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    As expected but pretty shit really.
    did you go

Quote Originally Posted by Nicerino View Post
    ta

£10/£5 tickets would have doubled that......and kept the big crowd momentum going.....
    I very much doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I very much doubt that.
    I imagine we might’ve hit 20,000 with cheaper tickets.
    Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I imagine we might’ve hit 20,000 with cheaper tickets.
    Nevermind.
    How much were tickets? As price wouldn't have been a factor in my attendance unless they were stupidly priced..

It was a Friendly, on TV, against a not particularly inspiring name in world football. I'm surprised we got 13,500 to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How much were tickets? As price wouldn't have been a factor in my attendance unless they were stupidly priced..
    £20 for adults, £10 Seniors and £5 for U16. Price wasn't a factor but I didn't feel it was particularly well advertised, mainly though, people couldn't be arsed.

And yet Wales Rugby gets 60,000 plus for all it's friendly's in the Autumn and full houses 75,000 for its Six Nations. Why don't Wales Football supporters support their team? It's certainly not Ticket prices, Top tickets for the Rugby cost £100?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    And yet Wales Rugby gets 60,000 plus for all it's friendly's in the Autumn and full houses 75,000 for its Six Nations. Why don't Wales Football supporters support their team? It's certainly not Ticket prices, Top tickets for the Rugby cost £100?
    To egg fans the ‘game’ is a performance for them they’d go if Wales egg were playing a team of donkeys.They spend most of the game going for drinks or going to the toilet, when they are actually seated their eyes are rooted to the big screen hoping to catch a glimpse of their silly made up face. Also the actual game is a small part of their day

On the playing side to be fair the rugby friendly is totally different from football friendlies as they are played flat out and the team is usually made up of the best players available
    Last edited by Llanedeyrnblue; 16-11-17 at 17:36. Reason: Typo

Because the Welsh are a load of event goers who like to get paralytic on a Saturday.

There was a rugby thread for this.

People in my local see it as a day out, a big even, it's how it's always been.

Same problem we have at City. Wales support is dependant on success and the opposition.
    Despite the drop in our attendances we will still have more than our National Team on Saturday.

If wed qualified , had Bale and had a Brazil friendly it would be a easy sell out.

If we had Man U Saturday - sell out.

Brentford 15500 I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    To egg fans the ‘game’ is a performance for them they’d go if Wales egg were playing a team of donkeys.They spend most of the game going for drinks or going to the toilet, when they are actually seated their eyes are rooted to the big screen hoping to catch a glimpse of their silly made up face. Also the actual game is a small part of their day

On the playing side to be fair the rugby friendly is totally different from football friendlies as they are played FLAT OUT and the team is usually made up of the best players available
    Someone ought to tell the Welsh players about this then.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Someone ought to tell the Welsh players about this then.

If Welsh rugby fans had the same alcohol stipulations as football fans... such as drinking in the concourse only etc, do you think this would genuinely effect rugby attendances ?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    If Welsh rugby fans had the same alcohol stipulations as football fans... such as drinking in the concourse only etc, do you think this would genuinely effect rugby attendances ?
    Na, because most of 'um don't watch or know the rules of the game anyway.

Rugby is a harder game to understand ye. I've played it and watched it for a long time and still I don't understand everything to do with scrums etc.

When in football a pre pubescent child that can barely understand anything can understand football

Yes I think it it would massively

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

I agree with you, it would massively change it, as they would get more pi$$ed than they do now, by staying in the concourse

THIS.......because they’ll be drinking less and the might be able to actually remember how crap the game was when they get home

Rugby is a harder game to understand ye. I've played it and watched it for a long time and still I don't understand everything to do with scrums etc.

When in football a pre pubescent child that can barely understand anything can understand football
    That's one of the glories of football, you can learn the basics in five minutes

I played rugby for four years and I still can't really get my head around it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's one of the glories of football, you can learn the basics in five minutes

I played rugby for four years and I still can't really get my head around it
    yeah that's the beauty of the game mate,
    anyone can play the basics are very basic
    as you say you played rugby for 4 years still couldn't get your head around it
    there will be players playing on Saturday (backs) who wont have a clue about scums ect
    half the time not know what a pen was given for
    they wont be able to get their heads around it either,
    and these are pros